What about DJ LaMahieu?

Is there any chance that DJ could fall to the Orioles 2nd round pick? His numbers are very similar to Grant Green's, and he plays in the tough SEC Conference.

Green has better projection. He could be around at 2:5. I think he might go in the supp.

He may fall to the 2nd round, if he does we may have to jump on him though there will still be some good pitchers around, HS and college. I think he will probably be gone by our spot in round 2. To me he is a late 1st rounder, supplemental pick....He started off the year scorching hot though, there was talk of him going in the top 10 at his popularity's peak....

Personally, I think he drops to the mid- to late-second; maybe even the third. LSU shifted him over to 2B to let Austin Nola man short (he's a plus defender). Some already had questions as to whether or not his size would prevent him from staying at SS, and while this isn't his fault it doesn't help his stock. He's been okay but not great offensively in SEC play.

Personally, I think he drops to the mid- to late-second; maybe even the third. LSU shifted him over to 2B to let Austin Nola man short (he's a plus defender). Some already had questions as to whether or not his size would prevent him from staying at SS, and while this isn't his fault it doesn't help his stock. He's been okay but not great offensively in SEC play.

I think once you get into the 20s there are a lot of guys who can be taken at the end of the first or sit around until the third. One of the main reasons why mocks are relatively worthless. I think a team like the Angels or Reds might value him more the other.

Archived