Ticket Sales Strategies - Nationals vs Orioles

Spirit of '83

While I am an O's fan first and foremost I do attend the occasional Nats game as I work about 5 blocks from their stadium. I've considered buying O's mini-season ticket packages but to be honest, there's really no need to buy tickets up front at this point. In the past I purchased their 6-pack plan so that I could easily get Opening Day tickets. So far, they are not yet offering that plan (I know they did have a Holiday 4-pack before Christmas).

Checking in over at the Nationals site, they have about 4 different flex plans that let you pick from a very wide variety of games and even have a plan where you buy 4 games and get a 5th for free. Looking at attendance stats, the Orioles only averaged about 800 more fans a game than Washington last year (http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance).

Has anyone else been frustrated by the Orioles and their a)lack of creativity in getting fans to buy tickets and b)other discouraging moves such as additional fees for day of game sales?

While I am an O's fan first and foremost I do attend the occasional Nats game as I work about 5 blocks from their stadium. I've considered buying O's mini-season ticket packages but to be honest' date=' there's really no need to buy tickets up front at this point. In the past I purchased their 6-pack plan so that I could easily get Opening Day tickets. So far, they are not yet offering that plan (I know they did have a Holiday 4-pack before Christmas).

Checking in over at the Nationals site, they have about 4 different flex plans that let you pick from a very wide variety of games and even have a plan where you buy 4 games and get a 5th for free. Looking at attendance stats, the Orioles only averaged about 800 more fans a game than Washington last year ([url']http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance[/url]).

Has anyone else been frustrated by the Orioles and their a)lack of creativity in getting fans to buy tickets and b)other discouraging moves such as additional fees for day of game sales?

You are right - the mini plans aren't really worth it - but the 13 game plans are. Better inventory of tickets and better customer service.

I do like the customer service. My 6 pack the last few years has enabled me to get a lot of good seats from other games through my rep with no service charge. I just like the flexibility offered by the Nats. Being able to pick the 13 games I got would sell me on an O's mini-plan in a heartbeat rather than a pre-set selection.

I do like the customer service. My 6 pack the last few years has enabled me to get a lot of good seats from other games through my rep with no service charge. I just like the flexibility offered by the Nats. Being able to pick the 13 games I got would sell me on an O's mini-plan in a heartbeat rather than a pre-set selection.

Being able to pick the 13 games I got would allow ticket brokers to snap up every available seat for Red $ox and Yankee$ games to sell to bandwagoneers at a significant profit.

Fixed that for ya...

Archived