Keith Law on Machado

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is a really random, non baseball related comment....but:

Being a future Rice University class of 2014'er, I talked to a bunch of students and prospective students during my visit a few weeks back.

In my meetings, I came across someone who was also thinking about Rice from, you guessed it, Woodlands HS. After hearing where the kid went to school, I immediately grilled him about Taillon. After he told me how amazing of a pitcher "J-Mo" was (I knew I knew!), he gave me an account of how nice of a guy Taillon was, and how much he loved baseball/was an all around cool person.

Pretty third hand information, but I was at least happy our prospective draftee wasn't a total jerk like sources say Harper is.

Edit: Getting Machado would be fantastic also.

I know this is a really random, non baseball related comment....but:

Being a future Rice University class of 2014'er, I talked to a bunch of students and prospective students during my visit a few weeks back.

In my meetings, I came across someone who was also thinking about Rice from, you guessed it, Woodlands HS. After hearing where the kid went to school, I immediately grilled him about Taillon. After he told me how amazing of a pitcher "J-Mo" was (I knew I knew!), he gave me an account of how nice of a guy Taillon was, and how much he loved baseball/was an all around cool person.

Pretty third hand information, but I was at least happy our prospective draftee wasn't a total jerk like sources say Harper is.

Edit: Getting Machado would be fantastic also.

This isn't random at all. If Taillon really is a solid citizen, he becomes that much more attractive to Jordan, who seems to value character in a player.

This isn't random at all. If Taillon really is a solid citizen, he becomes that much more attractive to Jordan, who seems to value character in a player.

Certainly character is important, so is the amount of $$$ he is looking for to sign, while he is not a Boras client, I've heard his advisors are not the easiest to deal with either.

Certainly character is important, so is the amount of $$$ he is looking for to sign, while he is not a Boras client, I've heard his advisors are not the easiest to deal with either.

I don't know about Taillon's advisors. I just hope they are loud and clear about his demands before the draft, so that on June 16 there is no sticker shock.

Hendricks brothers, I believe.

Uh-oh. They were principals in the Aaron Crow fiasco with the Nats, I think.

I'm not sure we ever got their side of the story, but if even half of Bowden's account is accurate, that was one bizarre negotiation.

Either that, or Crow really didn't want to play for Washington.

EDIT: I guess there was a Hendricks version.

Archived