• 115 replies
    • 12.9k views
    • 17 replies
    • 3.3k views
    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views

• Burnes. He’s two years younger, and more dependable but still has less mileage on his arm. The drop in K rate does give me pause, but Snell’s injury history gives me a lot more pause. 
    • Contract year just like Santa in 24’. He got better in the 2nd half. He’ll actually take some pitches and steal some bags. He was terrible in the 2nd half of 23’ and first half of 24’. Could that have been the leg injury(groin?) he suffered in 2023?  That could’ve taken him a year to get right.  I’m guessing we see a highly motivated Ced for 2025. Maybe something like 20/40.  If he’s producing, he should be at leadoff with our lineup vs RHP. No sense wasting his speed hitting 6th-8th. A little back to the future with Ced setting the tone next year. 
    • Tell me more about Doyle and why you’ve ID’d him. What should we know about him? I’m still reading back in this thread from yesterday, but I like Martinez for his leadership and experience. Also, this is directed at everyone… how much of our player’s cumulative stats from hitting were accrued before the @HOU series where we got figured out?
    • Even a “down year” for Burnes, like some perceived,  was still good enough for 2nd in the CYA and 8 IP of 1 ER ball in the playoffs.  We have a good relationship with Burnes. We know how to load manage him.  Perfect partnership. Perfect dude to pair with our young bats. 
    • Of course they can, and will. That was why I mentioned the draft pick earlier.