Monica Pence Barlow RIP

Greg

Yeah, this.

It's hard to tell what "not baseball related" means, but I would guess that means it doesn't involve any FO people or current or former players. Maybe a family member of a player. That would be my guess.

I don't like guessing about these things. I also don't like being forced to guess. Norris' tweet was irresponsible, IMO...made worse by retweeting and acknowledgement by certain media outlets without explanation.

If details are known, and of interest to the Orioles' public, they shouldn't be made known in cryptic pieces.

All or nothing would be my preference.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like guessing about these things. I also don't like being forced to guess. Norris' tweet was irresponsible, IMO...made worse by retweeting and acknowledgement by certain media outlets without explanation.

If details are known, and of interest to the Orioles' public, they shouldn't be made known in cryptic pieces.

All or nothing would be my preference.

I agree with your sentiment completely. It's just the unfortunate world of twitter we live in today.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Irresponsible is a bit strong...poor timing, yes. If news from Baltimore reached Sarasota, a player may have surmised that it was general knowledge. If the O's released it to the players before they should have, then they should have known better. But, for all the folks that live by Twitter and IM all news has the potential to go viral with sometimes unfortunate (but not deliberate) consequences.

Archived