We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused, how will Pie be a "huge PR move"? How does he appeal to the casual baseball fan who would have never heard of him? Signing Sammy Sosa again would be a huge PR move. Or Barry Bonds. But a prospect from another organization? It's not like he's ranked #1 in the country or something either that can be spun.

Would it be another BRING THE KIDS TO SEE THE KIDS campaign only without Mike Hargrove smiling jovially as the likes of Larry Bigbie and Luis Matos hold Jerry Hairston Jr. horizontally in their loving arms?

It would be exciting to see Markakis, Roberts, and Pie in the same lineup. To me thats exciting. I guess im a baseball nut.

It would be exciting to see Markakis, Roberts, and Pie in the same lineup. To me thats exciting. I guess im a baseball nut.

True, but you have to separate what the casual fan spends money on and what the baseball nuts like us enjoy watching. There is one thing both groups will come out for in common: WINNING.

Why not prove it here in our outfield.

I have nothing against the guy, I'm just not ready to buy season tickets because of him. If I get the heck out of Jersey and get a job in Baltimore I may get a partial plan anyway just because it would be the first time I'd be in Baltimore and be able to afford it, but I guarantee you it won't be because of Felix Pie... and I can't imagine too many other people being moved to buy tickets because of him before he proves himself at the ML level.

True, but you have to separate what the casual fan spends money on and what the baseball nuts like us enjoy watching. There is one thing both groups will come out for in common: WINNING.

Do casual fans buy season tickets?

The common fan, im sure isnt excited about a rebuild. But we are. We the real fans anyhow.:)

Do casual fans buy season tickets?

Um, yeah! I have no idea what the percentage, but a lot of season tickets are bought by companies to entertain clients and such. I think with those people, the only thing the team has to do is not be a laughingstock of baseball. But I don't think one has to be a "casual fan" to fail to fall in love with a highly hyped prospect who has yet to prove himself at the major league level. Especially when he comes from an organization which had much of the world believing Corey Patterson was the next big thing right before they decided Pie was the next big thing.

The common fan, im sure isnt excited about a rebuild. But we are. We the real fans anyhow.:)

Honestly in that regard I think you're underestimating the "common" fan. My family members in Baltimore who only watch the O's once in a blue moon have certainly noticed some of the non-hustle of some of the guys like Tejada, Hernandez, Huff, Gibbons... I think a lot of regular Baltimore folks who aren't obsessed with baseball would love to see the O's go younger and get some guys in there who will bust their butts on a regular basis.

Considering the GMs leave on Thursday morning, if anything is going to happen during these meetings, it will be tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath, especially if we are waiting for A-Rod to sign as that can't happen until Nov 12, and most likely will be at the Winter Meetings...

Archived