We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

Was just told that we're waiting on the ARod situation to fall into place before we deal Miggy. Several of the teams who have interest in ARod also have interest in Tejada if they fail. Was also told the Mets love for Hernandez is all but gone (must have beena Duq thing) and the Cubs are cooling on Miggy a little.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just told that we're waiting on the ARod situation to fall into place before we deal Miggy. Several of the teams who have interest in ARod also have interest in Tejada if they fail. Was also told the Mets love for Hernandez is all but gone (must have beena Duq thing) and the Cubs are cooling on Miggy a little.

BB:

Is the feeling that Miss Pay-Rod will sign early? Or are she and Bora$ going to leave the entire sport twisting in the wind for an extended period?

If it were completely up to Boras, the A-Rod situation will drag out into spring training.

Obviously, not all teams can put their other plans on hold that long, though.

Any prediction based on your insight regarding when A-Rod signs somewhere?

My two week window would be Jan 31- Feb 13.

I never understood the Mets interest in Hernandez. He just didn't seem like the best fit for them. With all the problems they had with guys not hustling and rumors that Willie Randolph had "lost the clubhouse" the last thing they needed to do was add another guy with known hustle issues. Perhaps they just talked to their big league scouts in a little more depth and heard more about the issues with him. Too bad it didn't work out though.

Thanks.

So that's next wednesday at the earliest?

The M Cabrera situation doesn't affect us too?

I never understood the Mets interest in Hernandez. He just didn't seem like the best fit for them. With all the problems they had with guys not hustling and rumors that Willie Randolph had "lost the clubhouse" the last thing they needed to do was add another guy with known hustle issues. Perhaps they just talked to their big league scouts in a little more depth and heard more about the issues with him. Too bad it didn't work out though.

It won't be miserable if we have to keep Hernandez around this year. Yes he should be traded if we can get something of value, but if we must I see nothing wrong with keeping him next season and dealing him at the deadline or letting him walk as a FA at the end of 2008.

Besides that everything is great. :rolleyes:

Looks like it shaping up to be another "a lot of smoke, no fire" offseason in Birdland. Arod could be another 2 months before he signs! I guess the "ride" has stalled.

Geez

Calm down buddy..its just the GM meetings. It still early in the offseason.

Archived