We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But see its not just about money and years guys. Yeah its a big part of it. But AM and gang have to show that they have a gameplan and are willing to put a winner on the field. Bedard could easily win 20 games if he has a decent bullpen and run production.

But see its not just about money and years guys. Yeah its a big part of it. But AM and gang have to show that they have a gameplan and are willing to put a winner on the field. Bedard could easily win 20 games if he has a decent bullpen and run production.

HEre is what I want to know:

1) What kind of contract do the Orioles have to put on the table right now for him to sign?

2) Is Bedard willing to stay if we trade a bunch of guys and rebuild?

HEre is what I want to know:

1) What kind of contract do the Orioles have to put on the table right now for him to sign?

2) Is Bedard willing to stay if we trade a bunch of guys and rebuild?

1) 5/80...hope PA approves that.

2) Yes it would help.

So basically to extend Bedard, they have to trade Tejada and make some other trades and signings to prove to Bedard they are committed to winning. I would think signing somebody like Andruw Jones would sway Bedard somewhat. Also if we could land Kerry Wood to close, that would be another feather in our cap so to speak. So if we are going to blow it up, Bedard has no reason to stay...

So basically to extend Bedard, they have to trade Tejada and make some other trades and signings to prove to Bedard they are committed to winning. I would think signing somebody like Andruw Jones would sway Bedard somewhat. Also if we could land Kerry Wood to close, that would be another feather in our cap so to speak. So if we are going to blow it up, Bedard has no reason to stay...

Well if you rebuild around him and Markakis, yeah I think he would like that.

2) Yes it would help.

How is his agent justifing this?

At most, Bedard makes 18 million the next 2 years in FA...Then, he could be looking at 18 million a year for the next 3 years after that...So, that is 5/72.

THat is Bedard saying this is best case scenario for me the next 5 years and that the Orioles take on all the risk and pay every cent....And then he wants 8 million more than that?

There is absolutely no chance I would even consider that contract.

And you say that it would help if we rebuild...Why is that??

2) Yes it would help.

Open the doors the o's are open to trading bedard.

The o's are in no position to spend that much on one pitcher since it will

not put them closer to competing.

You can't give a guy that contract with 2 years left even if Zito got 100 plus.

You gotta think if he has another season like he had the next two seasons, and is 30 by the time he is a FA. A team will give him a brinks truck to finish his career out with them. Lefties are rare, good ones.

As good as Bedard has been the last 2 years, his durability is still a question mark.

Archived