Colin Moran 1B/3B UNC

Just found out my Black Bears will be taking on UNC for the NCAA Regionals and I took a look at the roster to see what UNC had left after graduating a few players in the past few years.

Colin Moran has a .343/.451/.574/1.025 line as a freshman playing at 3B.

But it was this little tidbit that made him even more interesting - his uncle is none other than former Oriole BJ Surhoff.

If you look at his picture, he even looks a little like him IMO.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/moran_colin00.html

A possible follow for a first round pick in 2013...

I've met Colin a couple times, we work out in the same gym in White Plains, NY. His father is a contractor at the golf course were I work in Mamaroneck, NY. Both are extremely nice and easy to talk too. His father and I talk all the time about the O's and Surhoff. He is very knowledgeable about the draft and college baseball. Just thought id share with you guys.

I've met Colin a couple times, we work out in the same gym in White Plains, NY. His father is a contractor at the golf course were I work in Mamaroneck, NY. Both are extremely nice and easy to talk too. His father and I talk all the time about the O's and Surhoff. He is very knowledgeable about the draft and college baseball. Just thought id share with you guys.

Is he a "closet" O's fan as Tex was a Yank fan?

Archived