scout.com Top 100 List

I'm not sure if the scout.com top 100 list has been posted on OH.

http://indians.scout.com/a.z?s=264&p=3&blipid=18825

The list is a a quick easy read about some of the players about to be drafted this week.

If you click on each name you will get links to other up to the minute stories about each player you might find useful.

http://sbb.scout.com/2/1073309.html

1. Pirates - Gerrit Cole, RHP, UCLA

While this draft class is supremely talented, there is no clear cut number one. Cole, Rendon, Bundy, and Hultzen are all very much in the mix at this point. Bundy is gaining steam by the day and Neal Huntington has been in to see Hultzen.

2. Mariners - Dylan Bundy, RHP, Owasso HS (Okla.)

Bundy was no secret going into this spring, but no one has made a better case to go in the top five picks than him in the last month. With doubts about Rendon’s medicals still lingering and with Cole potentially off the board, many in the industry believe Seattle favors Bundy’s power arm.

3. Diamondbacks - Danny Hultzen, LHP, Virginia

Hultzen is a model of consistency and the scouting world has really come to appreciate him this spring. Arizona has been on him heavily in recent weeks, and if Pittsburgh doesn’t pop him this is his most likely landing spot.

4. Orioles - Archie Bradley, RHP, Broken Arrow HS (Okla.)

It’s a banner year for high school pitching, and Bradley would top most classes. He’s dazzled of late and is in the Orioles mix with Bauer, Bundy, Hultzen, among others. This is a spot the O’s could go a number of directions with.

5. Royals - Bubba Starling, OF, Gardner-Edgerton HS (Kan.)

The recent consensus among scouting directors is that Starling won’t get out of the top six picks. And, it’s difficult to see Kansas City passing him up if the top four arms are off the board. Rendon would be difficult to pass but worries about his health persist.

6. Nationals - Trevor Bauer, RHP, UCLA

Most of the names linked to Washington have been pitchers, and the best one on that list is Bauer. If he’s still on the board it would be surprising to see him slip any further. Alex Meyer, Rendon, and Matt Barnes are also strong possibilities here.

7. Diamondbacks - Francisco Lindor, SS, Montverde Academy (Fla.)

If Arizona does take Hultzen third overall, they’ll probably want to go in a different direction with this pick. And. Lindor gives them just that and warrants a seventh overall pick.

8. Indians - Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice

If you don’t think clubs have legitimate concerns over Rendon’s health and less than overwhelming performance this spring, think again. Many scouts have expressed their doubts. But, if he does slide, this is probably as far as he gets.

9. Cubs - George Springer, OF, UConn

Springer started slow, but is finishing his season hitting the ball perhaps better than anyone in the country. The Cubs have monitored him closely, and he’d be very tough to pass for any club looking for a college bat. The Cubs would love to see Starling get here as well.

10. Padres - Sonny Gray, RHP, Vanderbilt

I wouldn’t expected the top tier of college arms to last too long, as they typically don’t. The Padres are looking at Gray, Barnes, Jungmann and possibly Bauer if he gets this far

Buc will personally drive him down to the Bay Bridge........just kidding.

The following is on Yardbarker for Pittsburgh and a few fans wrote in comments at the bottom of the story worth possibly considering;

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/dk_pirates_will_take_gerrit_cole/4864636?linksrc=foxrg_mlb

spazaru 1 day ago

I live in SoCal and have been following Bauer since his high school days; I seriously think he will be better than Cole in the long run; a lot better. I'm not saying Cole is a bad pick, but Bauer is different and really intelligent. He completely understands his body. I don't think he's as good as Lincecum. I think he might be better.

Steve Zielinski 1 day ago

I argued that, if the Pirates were to pass over Rendon, the team will have made a great mistake. Alas, someone over at BD (Buc Digest) who has previously had inside information and has proven himself trustworthy time and again now reports that Pirates' medical personnel have already told the FO that taking Rendon would be a mistake. They believe Rendon's shoulder likely has structural problems that may compromise his ability to play baseball at a high level or may retard his development by years.

It'd be hard for the FO to ignore recommendations like that.

If this is true is George Springer OF UConn in the picture?

Buc will personally drive him down to the Bay Bridge........just kidding.

The following is on Yardbarker for Pittsburgh and a few fans wrote in comments at the bottom of the story worth possibly considering;

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/dk_pirates_will_take_gerrit_cole/4864636?linksrc=foxrg_mlb

spazaru 1 day ago

I live in SoCal and have been following Bauer since his high school days; I seriously think he will be better than Cole in the long run; a lot better. I'm not saying Cole is a bad pick, but Bauer is different and really intelligent. He completely understands his body. I don't think he's as good as Lincecum. I think he might be better.

Steve Zielinski 1 day ago

I argued that, if the Pirates were to pass over Rendon, the team will have made a great mistake. Alas, someone over at BD (Buc Digest) who has previously had inside information and has proven himself trustworthy time and again now reports that Pirates' medical personnel have already told the FO that taking Rendon would be a mistake. They believe Rendon's shoulder likely has structural problems that may compromise his ability to play baseball at a high level or may retard his development by years.

It'd be hard for the FO to ignore recommendations like that.

If this is true is George Springer OF UConn in the picture?

Springer is in no way in play, he's looking like a bottom of the first round pick right now. I also don't buy the "structural worries" about Rendon's shoulder. If it were anything that would have been long lasting he would have shut down and had surgery before the draft as soon as he could so that teams would know he'd be ready to go sooner instead of waiting til after he's drafted to try to take care of it. My opinions on Bauer have been beaten to death the last couple days.

Springer is listed on several polls as the best hitter currently based on how the season ended and second or third best hitter in the draft. The Cubs at #9 and the Padres at #10 are interested.

Several scouts I've heard recently think Dylan Bundy has the ability of a College pitcher right now and will be in the majors in 2 years or sooner. He is so impressive he has recently been rumored to go to Seattle with the 2nd pick.

I still like Rendon and think it will be difficult for JJ to make a decision if Rendon and Bundy are both available. It sounds like Joe has developed a good relationship with the Bundy family and may have a difficult time choosing Rendon if he slides due to his feelings for Bundy.

Archived