• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Smith part 2 while leaving the polished college bats on the board.

What are you doing Joe Jordan?! The organization has enough young pitching!

:angryfire:

You're unhappy with the O's drafting the guy who is generally regarded to have the best arm in the draft?

You must not be paying attention if you think Bundy is a bad pick.

I don't know much about the draft and even I know he's the best HS pitcher.

I just see "High School" and think... when will he contribute at the ML level? A pitcher no doubt too...

The problem here is that Rendon was so hyped a year ago that people recognize his name over others and, consequently, feel he is still the same top prospect he was a year ago. Overall, you take the best player on the board. You can argue it was Bundy or Rendon. The position does not matter. There is no way to guarantee that a few years down the road we will still be as offensively deprived as we are now.

All in all it was a question of whether the O's valued the lesser experience of a high schooler and the risks that went along with it or the injury risk of Rendon. Either is risky!

The problem here is that Rendon was so hyped a year ago that people recognize his name over others and, consequently, feel he is still the same top prospect he was a year ago. Overall, you take the best player on the board. You can argue it was Bundy or Rendon. The position does not matter. There is no way to guarantee that a few years down the road we will still be as offensively deprived as we are now.

All in all it was a question of whether the O's valued the lesser experience of a high schooler and the risks that went along with it or the injury risk of Rendon. Either is risky!

Not only this, but I don't trust the developmental history of the Orioles organization when it comes to high school products. Billy Rowell comes to mind.

Archived