GAME THREAD: Red Sox vs. D-Rays 5/27

OFFNY

The rubber match of a hotly contested 3-game series.

DEVIL RAYS

Carlos Pena - 1B

B.J. Upton - CF

Matt Joyce - LF

Ben Zobrist - RF

Luke Scott - DH

Sean Rodriguez - SS

Drew Sutton - 3B

Will Rhymes - 2B

Chris Gimenez - C

Jeremy Hellickson - RHP (4-1, 2.73 ERA)

RED SOX

Mike Aviles - SS

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Kevin Youkilis - 1B

Adrian Gonzalez - RF

Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

Daniel Nava - LF

Scott Podsednik - CF

Clay Buchholz - RHP (4-2, 7.84 ERA)

What did Valentine do? Bring in his closer like 29 other managers would've?

My sentiment had nothing to do with Valentine's managing of today's game. It had to do with the entire fiasco that he and his team had with Luke Scott and the D-Rays since Friday night's game. I'm glad that they lost 2 out of 3 games. With more than 2/3 of the season left to play, I'm not concerned with the Orioles fighting the Rays for 1st place. That will all come out in the wash as the season progresses. If it were early September (or even late August) and the standings were the same, then I would have been rooting for the Red Sox. It's not, it's May.

My sentiment had nothing to do with Valentine's managing of today's game. It had to do with the entire fiasco that he and his team had with Luke Scott and the D-Rays since Friday night's game. I'm glad that they lost 2 out of 3 games. With more than 2/3 of the season left to play, I'm not concerned with the Orioles fighting the Rays for 1st place. That will all come out in the wash as the season progresses. If it were early September (or even late August) and the standings were the same, then I would have been rooting for the Red Sox. It's not, it's May.

Ah, I see. I thought you were blaming Valentine for blowing today's game. If it's just a general "[bleep] the Red Sox and everyone on their team," then I whole-heartedly agree. :)

Archived