2013 MLB Prediction Thread

Spy Fox

Just four days until the first pitch of the season! Bud Norris will do the honors this year, as he's the planned Opening Day starter for Houston against Texas on Sunday night.

What are everyone's predictions for the MLB standings, awards, surprises, etc?

Post your prognostications here!

AL East

Rays

Orioles (WC)

Red Sox

Blue Jays

Yankees

AL Central

Tigers

Indians

Royals

White Sox

Twins

AL West

Angels

Athletics (WC)

Rangers

Mariners

Astros

NL East

Nationals

Braves (WC)

Phillies

Mets

Marlins

NL Central

Reds

Cardinals (WC)

Brewers

Pirates

Cubs

NL West

Giants

Dodgers

Diamondbacks

Padres

Rockies

World Series: Rays over Nationals

AL MVP: Evan Longoria

AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander

AL ROY: Jurickson Profar

NL MVP: Joey Votto

NL Cy Young: Stephen Strasburg

NL ROY: Julio Teheran

Edit: Votto for NL MVP. Forgot about him with the injury

AL East:

Orioles

Rays (WC)

Blue Jays

Red Sox

Yankees

AL Central

Tigers

Indians

White Sox

Royals

Twins

AL West

Angels

Athletics (WC)

Mariners

Rangers

Astros

NL East

Braves

Nationals (WC)

Phillies

Mets

Marlins

NL Central

Reds

Cardinals (WC)

Brewers

Pirates

Cubs

NL West

Giants

Dodgers

D-Backs

Rockies

Padres

WS: Braves over Tigers

AL

Jays/Rays/Orioles/Yankees/Sox

Tigers/Royals/Indians/Sox/Indians

Angels/Rangers/Athletics/Mariners/Astros

NL

Nationals/Braves/Phillies/Mets/Marlins

Reds/Brewers/Cardinals/Pirates/Cubs

Giants/Diamondbacks/Dodgers/Padres/Rockies

WC

Rays over Rangers

Braves over Brewers

DIVISION

Rays over Angels

Jays over Tigers

Nationals over Braves

Reds over Giants

CHAMPIONSHIP

Jays over Rays

Nationals over Reds

SERIES

Nationals over Jays

MVP

Pujols, Votto

CY

Verlander, Strasburg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm not saying the bolded is impossible. But what are the odds of that happening for the rest of this season, even if he were to be called up tomorrow? I'm not sure how much value Moutcastle would have (even if he continues to have a very good season) to a team who is rebuilding/reseting/tanking/whatever you want to call it. Mountcastle would seem to have more value to a team who is trying to win and needs offensive production at 1B/DH. And if they are already trying to win, what pitching are they willing to depart with. The only team I can think of that may fit this mold is SEA. IMO that's way too much to give up for a relief pitcher, considering that we only need a good middle reliever. We don't need Emmanuel Clase for the rest of this season. It looks like Kimbrel will do. And then next year Felix will be coming back.
    • I think Elias' MO is always going to be to squeeze the max potential value out of every asset. If Kjerstad isn't playing well enough to wrest away more than 10 ABs/week from the other players on the roster, then I don't think he stays up. Especially when he'd be tying up a bench spot with a player who can really only play one position in the field. He's going to have to earn a bigger time share to justify his spot. 
    • Well, he either shows something or he doesn't. I don't think he's going anywhere until he shows something. 
    • Means starting tonight for Norfolk. Hopefully he puts some length in his start tonight. Probably his next to last minor league start if they do bring him back up. 
    • I'm not saying that id not possible, but it is certainly not probable. Given the talent gap between Carter and Norby. Again, IMO the greater odds/gain is that Norby is a useful piece in a trade than him becoming the next Evan Carter.
    • That sequence showed why Mateo is on the team. There are much worse things than having him in the 9 spot here and there versus LHP. And when he’s not, he can pinch run and do the exact same thing. It’s why when push comes to shove, and it will soon, it’s Urias’ head on the chopping block and not Jorge’s.    We all know this, but it’s nice to see it demonstrated on the field here and there as a reminder.  
    • We could really use Cease too. The WS had a lineup the other day and I believe everyone or at least 8 guys had a sub 200 BA.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now