Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God I hope not Colon he just looks awful physically and doesn't fit with our younger rotation. I wouldn't be proud to see him in our uniform. Okay, Lester is off the board and now Cespedes hits in a band box (yikes) but I hope we pull an unexpected move and go after one of Houston's pitchers and then find the best LR we can get on the cheap.

I'm happy with the rotation if you can't get a #1 SP. They should get a 2B , Becham, A Cabrera, or Bonifacio in that order.

If the cost is right, I'd give him a shot. I'm not too concerned with his physical appearance, just pitch well and I couldn't care less what he looks like.

I don't see how the price could ever be right for him. He is owed like 10 or 11 million next year at 40 years old. I don't think the Orioles are going to pay that, which means they will be asking the Mets to eat a lot of money. For the Mets to eat a lot of money, they are going to be asking for a lot in return.

I don't see how the price could ever be right for him. He is owed like 10 or 11 million next year at 40 years old. I don't think the Orioles are going to pay that' date=' which means they will be asking the Mets to eat a lot of money. For the Mets to eat a lot of money, they are going to be asking for a lot in return.[/quote']

No doubt, I don't see it happening. Just saying, if we got a decent deal, I'd take a chance on him.

No Qualifying offer may be given to either Lester Or Cespedes in this deal.

I understand that a QO can't be given to Lester, but why can't one be given to Cespedes assuming he stays on the Sox all of 2015? Is this something that can be negotiated?

Archived