Churchill - Trade to be announced Monday

JTrea81

And another AL team

Thanks Sonny

Hopefully things really get done... I have to admit feeling stress the last 3 weeks. I really dont blame Andy. I just know that we have a lot to do. If we get

this Bedard thing over Monday, we still have Roberts & as many of (Gibbons, Millar, Huff, Payton , Mora & Hernandez). I've read the above post & agree that we cant move them all. I really want to see the young guys and with all of the 6

above DT may be tempted to go with the veterans.

@ Peace or Sonny ... Ant chance they dump Gibbons & eat the contract. I dont really see the sense in keeping a bad mistake around.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do they have besides Gavin? I want him to do well, but I'd prefer not to get any more pitchers.

Gavin and some guy named Crede. But I don't think a 29 year coming off back surgery really helps us. Unless they decide to keep him and deal Fields. They have Broadway too.

Any chance we might have gotten Triunfel worked into the deal?

Thanks for all the updates BTW!

Bandy .... I have to admit I have kinda soured on Triunfel. I believe him to be at least slightly overrated. The reports I've read say his lower body is to big for SS.

I imagine he could play 3rd or 1st. I'd actually prefer Clement. IMO more of a sure thing & Awesome bat. He plays C until Wieters is ready & then moves to 1st or DH/ Back up catcher.

I've also read that he is resisting 1B ... I am really not that concerned about that. I'm sure he will do the job that he's being paid to do.;)

Bandy .... I have to admit I have kinda soured on Triunfel. I believe him to be at least slightly overrated. The reports I've read say his lower body is to big for SS.

I imagine he could play 3rd or 1st. I'd actually prefer Clement. IMO more of a sure thing & Awesome bat. He plays C until Wieters is ready & then moves to 1st or DH/ Back up catcher.

I've also read that he is resisting 1B ... I am really not that concerned about that. I'm sure he will do the job that he's being paid to do.;)

I remember you saying this before. Unfortunately, I've still got a bit of a man crush going:o . So I'll probably keep my fingers crossed that we can pick him up. It's either that or I go back to thinking about trades with St. Louis to get Rasmus. :cool:

I remember you saying this before. Unfortunately, I've still got a bit of a man crush going:o . So I'll probably keep my fingers crossed that we can pick him up. It's either that or I go back to thinking about trades with St. Louis to get Rasmus. :cool:

How about Brignac from the Rays???

I'd try to pry him from the Rays ... But Rasmus would work as well.

How about Brignac from the Rays???

I'd try to pry him from the Rays ... But Rasmus would work as well.

I checked earlier in the offseason on DRays message board. FWIW noone thought trading Brignac was very likely, of course neither is Rasmus, or Triunfel for that matter. But, who knows?

Love to have Rasmus, but short of a 1 for 1 for Roberts, or a Bedard deal, we don't have a chance. Ask Migrant Redbird, he is the resident Cards expert.

I'm one of the few people who thinks the Cards could put together a decent package in return for Bedard. That is looking more and more like a moot point however.

I'm one of the few people who thinks the Cards could put together a decent package in return for Bedard. That is looking more and more like a moot point however.

No way the Rays trade Brignac, its the one spot they don't have multiple top prospects. He is the starter in 09.

I don't think the Cards have enough past Rasmus to get it done. If they had one more upper pitching prospect in the Tillman mold they could. I just really don't think STL is keen on letting Rasmus go.

That's interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'm just guessing it's probably due the fact that Payton and Millar have smaller, more movable contracts.

That, maybe.. but also the fact that they both have heart, hustle, and desire... not to get cheesy. :)

BUt seriously- I loved Payton's moxy last year, not puttinb up with some of the garbage that we've come to expect in year's past.. and we all know Millar is a great clubhouse guy.. both of those guys are a great fit for a contending ballclub looking for a solid veteran presence... and they both have a very identifiable passion for the game that can be contagious.

The other 3- it'd be real easy to question their passion for the game by pointing to any number of factors (Huff's production and workout habits... Ramon's taking a day off seemingly every 3rd game, and mora's somewhat isolated selfishness at times...)

Archived