Churchill - Trade to be announced Monday

JTrea81

From the sidebar:

Adam Jones has apparently passed a Friday physical in Baltimore, which leads me to believe that George Sherrill has as well, and this trade is finally going to be announced officially on Monday.

I've been unable to further confirm the players involved in the deal, but that goes both ways as I have yet to hear a player's name that was not mentioned originally.

So much time has passed and anything is possible, so expect the unexpected when the news officially comes out in the next 48-72 hours, but It's likely that Jones and Sherrill will be joined by Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kameron Mickolio.

http://www.prospectinsider.com/

So we still don't know the names yet besides Tillman, Sherrill and Jones...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is total speculation.

Yep..and most likely speculation off of Belkast's post about Jones passing his physical.

Of course, I kinda expect it to be announced Monday too ( it just makes sense), but stranger things have happened this offseason. :D

That's great that Jones has passed his physical and we're seemingly one step closer.

However, the Monday date is pure speculation. I hope he's right though. We have hardly no time left to do any of the little things we need to do before we hit ST.

Well at least we know nothing is happening until after the Super Bowl. I guess with the Santana news they wanted to save it for their own day. And this will keep MacPhail's streak of last-minute trades alive. We only have 11 more days until pitchers and catchers report...

Well at least we know nothing is happening until after the Super Bowl. I guess with the Santana news they wanted to save it for their own day. And this will keep MacPhail's streak of last-minute trades alive. We only have 11 more days until pitchers and catchers report...

Who cares about sharing the spotlight?!?!? If this is a reason to hold up announcing the trade, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

BTW, if you read the Seattle Times this morning there is a blurb that says that Jones and Sherril have yet to take a physical, so who really knows.

Here it is:

Friday afternoon, however, there was no indication that any of the players in the trade had been told to report for a physical.

Archived