Nlds (Giants vs. Nationals)

scOtt

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For one thing, you're bringing in a fresh arm. It seems to me classic he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

I think Williams didn't like the matchup vs Posey, I wonder if it was Pence or even Sandoval he makes the move? He said if he got in trouble he was gone but specifically brought up Posey.

I think Williams didn't like the matchup vs Posey, I wonder if it was Pence or even Sandoval he makes the move? He said if he got in trouble he was gone but specifically brought up Posey.

Right. How were Buster's previous abs versus Zim? That I imagine played a role in the decision.

Anyone else question SF sending the 2nd runner in the 9th? I know it's do or die there, and it was close enough to have a credible review... but you hold him and you have a chance to end the game in half the time.

I think you have to send him, it took a pretty good relay and it was bang, bang. I know it was Posey but just yesterday remember JJ scored and he runs like a catcher. I agreed with it 100&.

3 runs in 27 innings. Delmon got that many in with one hit. Yikes. Not like Sf has been much better but these guys aren't playing like a one seed.

sportsfan882

Re: National League Division Series, Game 2

? Reply #1918: Yesterday at 11:36:09 PM ?

I hope they are proud. Waste of 6 months.

sportsfan882

? Reply #1918: Yesterday at 11:36:09 PM ?

I hope they are proud. Waste of 6 months.

Waste of six months? Ouch. I can't put my finger on what it is with the Nats but I get the impression that they're not near as tight a bunch as our guys are. Buck is a better manager than Davey was at that point in Davey's career too and certainly better than Williams.

Waste of six months? Ouch. I can't put my finger on what it is with the Nats but I get the impression that they're not near as tight a bunch as our guys are. Buck is a better manager than Davey was at that point in Davey's career too and certainly better than Williams.

Online tomwvr

? Reply #2113: Today at 12:19:50 AM ?

I am so disgusted with this team - its almost like the post season started and the offense decided they didn't want to be in the post season.

If this team doesn't learn how to play small ball they will never win in the post season, and the life span of this teams pitching staff is up in 1-2 seasons.

I think you have to send him, it took a pretty good relay and it was bang, bang. I know it was Posey but just yesterday remember JJ scored and he runs like a catcher. I agreed with it 100&.

I half agree, still torn. You're right, take a chance, make them make a perfect play. Washington did, Detroit didn't. Just like I said yesterday about Hardy.

Online tomwvr

I am so disgusted with this team - its almost like the post season started and the offense decided they didn't want to be in the post season.

If this team doesn't learn how to play small ball they will never win in the post season, and the life span of this teams pitching staff is up in 1-2 seasons.

Can't blame em for being upset.

Online rileyn

Re: Fire Matt Williams!

? Reply #706: Today at 12:15:59 AM ?

How can Williams say "hindsight is 20/20" when explaining the decision to remove Zimm? He says the plan was to remove him if he got in trouble. There was no trouble. He walked a guy and was lathered up and dominating. Unreal. Ray Knight agrees - no feel for the game.

Online BH34Natural

? Reply #707: Today at 12:16:55 AM ?

Williams is a terrible manager. Second guess all you want, we'll never know. He's not a good manager and never will be.

Online rileyn

? Reply #706: Today at 12:15:59 AM ?

How can Williams say "hindsight is 20/20" when explaining the decision to remove Zimm? He says the plan was to remove him if he got in trouble. There was no trouble. He walked a guy and was lathered up and dominating. Unreal. Ray Knight agrees - no feel for the game.

Online BH34Natural

? Reply #707: Today at 12:16:55 AM ?

Williams is a terrible manager. Second guess all you want, we'll never know. He's not a good manager and never will be.

Honestly i was shocked they hired a rookie manager to replace DJ like I was Detroit for Leyland.

Online tomwvr

Said about our offense in 2012...

Archived