Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Sum. I guess the 13 game plans are sold out for 2015? At least the 13 game plans for new people. We shall see.

The team said the 13-game plans that include this year's postseason tickets are sold out, but fans who placed deposits on 29- or 81-game plans by 5 p.m. Wednesday are guaranteed playoff seats.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-orioles-ticket-crunch-20141007,0,717532.story#ixzz3FYGHC8QV

Good summary of yesterday's frustration by the Sun.

"There were no glitches; there were no issues other than extremely high demand," Bader said. "High demand for a limited product is unfortunately going to be a frustrating experience for some."

Bader is either ignorant of his customers' experience, or is lying. I checked regularly yesterday from 11 a.m. until midnite in an attempt to buy Game 6 and Game 7 tickets. Each time, I received the "high demand, try again" error message. During these 13 hours, I noticed that the availability for Game 6 and 7 tickets only trickled down. At 11 a.m., LF upper box, LF upper reserve, Upper Reserve LF and RF corners, SRO were available for both Games 6 and 7. At midnite, Game 6 was sold out, but Game 7 had all of those available. So the Orioles sold ~ 10,000 tickets in 13 hours!!!!

Upgrade to what? 29 game?

Per my rep:

2015 SEASON PLAN DEPOSIT AMOUNT YOUR 2014 POSTSEASON TICKET GUARANTEE

20-Game $375 per seat 2 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 of ALCS and World Series

29-Game $500 per seat 4 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 and 6 or 7 of ALCS and World Series

40-Game $750 per seat 6 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 & 2 and 6 or 7 of ALCS and World Series

81-Game $1,000 per seat Guaranteed: ALL GAMES

He also said I would get a $20 discount per seat for being a current ticket holder

Also, this was sent this morning. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get more seats for ALCS or not.

So, does anyone have an idea when the next 13 game plan presale will be? I'll need to plan ahead better next time.

It would probably be next week. Just a WAG, but I'll suggest next Thursday. What helped (or hurt, depending on perspective) was the Royal butt whipping the O's put on the Tigers. The Presale, if it occurs when outcome is still in doubt, probably does not sell as many deposits as they would if the Orioles winning the previous series was a likely outcome or already decided.

Per my rep:

He also said I would get a $20 discount per seat for being a current ticket holder

Also, this was sent this morning. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get more seats for ALCS or not.

Oh. I interpreted 'current' to meaning You had a 13 game plan for this year.

I would consider upgrading my plan to 29, but the Sunday 13 game plan looks amazing next year.

I have been trying to talk some friends of mind into getting 13 game plans next year. The Orioles have had the 13 and 29 game plans forever. This was my first year getting a 13 game plan. I did it for access to Opening Day and the postseason. The ability to exchange tickets to any game makes it very flexible and worthwhile.

If they want to add 20 and 40 maybe they are using certain sections of the stadium? Simple math says 20+20+40=80. Right now you have 4, 13 game plans so that gives you 52 and a 29 game plan equals 81. They better not take anything away from the current 13 and 29 plan holders.

I have been trying to talk some friends of mind into getting 13 game plans next year. The Orioles have had the 13 and 29 game plans forever. This was my first year getting a 13 game plan. I did it for access to Opening Day and the postseason. The ability to exchange tickets to any game makes it very flexible and worthwhile.

If they want to add 20 and 40 maybe they are using certain sections of the stadium? Simple math says 20+20+40=80. Right now you have 4, 13 game plans so that gives you 52 and a 29 game plan equals 81. They better not take anything away from the current 13 and 29 plan holders.

I'm scared. I really love my Sunday Tickets. I will be disappointed If the Orioles take the long time season ticket holders for Marks. Why do You think we kept buying the season tickets during the lean years when we lost money every year and couldn't give them away? Please don't stab us in the back O's front office as soon as the big money flows in.

I think the reality is, there are a lot of seats in the lower bowl ( Esp toward the flanks) that probably have no takers for any of the games and we

have little to worry about.

I planned on upgrading next year, but if I upgrade now I'd get first choice (basically) at World Series tickets. My 13 game plan was in section 52 right above 3rd base dugout. My seats for Friday's game are in section 354.

Are you saying that you can pay a $480 deposit now toward each seat of a 2015 29-game plan, and get an assigned seat for Game 6 or Game 7 of the World Series? You already have Game 2 tickets as a current plan holder, so I'm assuming that would count for the guaranteed seat to Game 1 or Game 2. I assume you'd still be in the 13-game/deposit presale and not the current 29-game presale, so your access to buying tickets for extra games wouldn't be improved. Am I understanding this correctly?

Are you saying that you can pay a $480 deposit now toward each seat of a 2015 29-game plan, and get an assigned seat for Game 6 or Game 7 of the World Series? You already have Game 2 tickets as a current plan holder, so I'm assuming that would count for the guaranteed seat to Game 1 or Game 2. I assume you'd still be in the 13-game/deposit presale and not the current 29-game presale, so your access to buying tickets for extra games wouldn't be improved. Am I understanding this correctly?

If I upgraded now, I'd be able to purchase tickets with the 29 game plan presale. I'd be guaranteed an additional 2 tickets to either game 1 or 2 and game 6 or 7 of World Series. However, I'll have the opportunity to purchase tickets for all the games during the presale. Plus, I'll be ahead of the new 20 game plans, and ahead of all the 13 game plan holders and those who placed deposits on 13 game plans.

It says I'm also guaranteed 2 more games for ALCS. I know that they saved seats, but I am not sure if that would apply to me since I already bought some in yesterdays presale.

The way I see it, I had already decided to spend the money on next years tickets. Might as well spend it now and get something out of it.

This is the current info on the Orioles' website re: postseason tickets for 2015 season ticket deposits:

[u]2015 Season Plan   Deposit Amount           Your 2014 Postseason Ticket Guarantee[/u]20-game             $375 per seat	2 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 of ALCS and World Series29-game             $500 per seat	4 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 [b][u]and[/u][/b] 6 or 7 of ALCS and World Series40-game             $750 per seat	6 Guaranteed Games: Game 1 or 2 [b][u]and[/u][/b] 6 [b]AND[/b] 7 of ALCS and World Series81-game             $1,000 per seat	Guaranteed: ALL GAMES

Source

Edit: Did not see cwalston's earlier post. But this being on the O's website confirms his info.

If I upgraded now, I'd be able to purchase tickets with the 29 game plan presale. I'd be guaranteed an additional 2 tickets to either game 1 or 2 and game 6 or 7 of World Series. However, I'll have the opportunity to purchase tickets for all the games during the presale. Plus, I'll be ahead of the new 20 game plans, and ahead of all the 13 game plan holders and those who placed deposits on 13 game plans.

It says I'm also guaranteed 2 more games for ALCS. I know that they saved seats, but I am not sure if that would apply to me since I already bought some in yesterdays presale.

The way I see it, I had already decided to spend the money on next years tickets. Might as well spend it now and get something out of it.

Interesting. I was under the impression that all deposit makers were in one presale (after the 13-game plan holders for the ALDS and with the 13-game plan holders for the ALCS). I didn't realize there was a separate presale for 29-game deposit makers. I also find it interesting that they would give you two additional tickets to Game 1 or 2 of the WS as you already have 2 tickets to one of those games. If this information is correct, this makes my thought of upgrading to a 29-game plan and then swapping to Sunday game tickets look better.

Archived