Smith for Matusz...?

EagleOriole

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This. Maurer is far more valuable than Matusz. Younger, under control longer, cheaper, plus stuff, and was already dominant as a reliever but still has the potential to stick as a starter. Matusz is a dime a dozen reliever making real money. He has very very little value.
I can't believe people are actually putting Maurer and Matusz on the same level. Maurer is an actual prospect while Matusz is a bust whos out of options.

Exactly. Matusz may have had the better pedigree at one time, but there is no comparison between the two and their current level of talent and upside. I'm guessing it was pretty damn painful for SEA to give him up.

Exactly. Matusz may have had the better pedigree at one time, but there is no comparison between the two and their current level of talent and upside. I'm guessing it was pretty damn painful for SEA to give him up.

Yeah, the real difference here is that the O's want to get rid of Matusz, while I can't see the Mariners trying to get someone to take Maurer off their hands. That alone is why Maurer has more value.

Archived