Why Garcia?

orioles4lyfe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because this team's starting pitching is usually only good for 5 IP lately...if they're lucky MAYBE 6. So the bullpen is getting killed. I don't care if it's September. Buck is looking out for his relievers and trying to distribute the load. Garcia has pitched well recently. Wright stunk. Ubaldo stunk. That's a lot of innings to make up...and Buck was trying out a potential valuable piece for the future. This club is pretty much eliminated from the playoffs...so why not let Garcia pitch?

It's not like this club is within 1 or 2 games of the WC. It's finished.

Garcia could be a very effective pitcher if he stays healthy. I like Chen but a healthy Garcia is better and likely cheaper. The key is the medicals. If they are reasonable the O's should have an interest. I think Cardinals have an option on him though, if so they might exercise it.

Wow Really ......Chen has been our best starter over a three year period. A rule 5 pitcher is better who basically has a third of the season in the majors? The only thing you are right about is that he is cheaper. The Orioles will be very lucky if Garcia gets to be about 80% of what Chen has done for the Os.

Wow Really ......Chen has been our best starter over a three year period. A rule 5 pitcher is better who basically has a third of the season in the majors? The only thing you are right about is that he is cheaper. The Orioles will be very lucky if Garcia gets to be about 80% of what Chen has done for the Os.

I think you should read a little more carefully...nobody compared Jason Garcia and Chen we were discussing Jaime Garcia and Chen

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No I wouldn't have lol. That's my point exactly. I think there were a lot better options in the pen at that juncture in the game than Garcia.

I mean it's a moot point now, but you guys really think he was the best option in the pen at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it mattered.

Yea lets just give up in the 5th inning cause it's Price...

Who are you going to bring in? Givens pitched yesterday. Have to save O'Day and Britton for later innings. You see if Garcia can get you a couple innings, then if you are still in it you bring in Brach.

Who are you going to bring in? Givens pitched yesterday. Have to save O'Day and Britton for later innings. You see if Garcia can get you a couple innings, then if you are still in it you bring in Brach.

I would have just switched the order. Brought in Mac, then Rondon, and finally Garcia if we were still down. Whatever, onto a new day. Hopefully, we can steal a W today.

I think you should read a little more carefully...nobody compared Jason Garcia and Chen we were discussing Jaime Garcia and Chen

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I like Chen but a healthy Garcia is better and likely cheaper.

If this statement is not saying that Garcia is better and cheaper than Chen, than perhaps you can elaborate on what you actually meant.

If this statement is not saying that Garcia is better and cheaper than Chen, than perhaps you can elaborate on what you actually meant.

It was my fault. I brought up gathering a band of Garcias. Jamie and Jason. We were talking about Jamie being better than Chen if healthy.

Archived