Rickard?

WarehouseChatter

Here are some more stats . Not sure what this means or how accurate it is. Stats for everything.

How big of a difference? Rickard has an opponent quality of 7.5 in stats that appear to be through Friday's games, meaning the quality of pitcher he has faced is somewhere between the Double-A and Triple-A level. Among players who the Orioles could reasonably bring north to Baltimore on Friday, that's the lowest opponent quality of them all. And that will make for a big jump come April.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-opponent-quality-stat-sheds-light-on-competition-for-orioles-regulars-in-spring-training-20160327-story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

How's his BABIP? Kid can fly - didja see him score on Rosa's 2 bagger! Sheesh! :clap3:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty silly to talk about "over-evaluating" Rickard, IMO. I get that that can happen in ST, but if Kim was tearing the cover off the ball, no one would be saying the O's are over-evaluating him.

That said, I'd like to see him get more ABs against frontline pitching.

Same here.

Rickard's play to date has been juuuuust what this team needs, and I'm quite excited about him. Love the rule 5 guys anyway for some reason, but this one's actually producing.

When he cools off, faces top notch pitchers and/or both, the pendulum of favor may swing back the other way, with speed.

Let him start. Let him lead off. But have the options there in case he has to sit for a prolonged period of time or have the mindset ready that he may need to bat 9th and look foolish for a while. It can and likely will happen some.

I think some who aren't anointing him already are just being quietly cautious with their praise. Which is cool too.

I'm psyched though.

I'd also be psyched if Kim produces too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived