Dan Duquette: Os to Be Active in Trade Market

weams

MLBTR top 10 candidates to be traded mid season. Could any of these guys draw the interest of DD, if so what would the cost be?

1. Jonathan Lucroy, C, Brewers

2. Rich Hill, SP, Athletics

3. Ryan Braun, OF, Brewers

4. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds

5. Arodys Vizcaino, RP, Braves

6. Danny Valencia, 3B, Athletics

7. Julio Teheran, SP, Braves

8. Carlos Gonzalez, OF, Rockies

9. Fernando Abad, RP, Twins

10. Melvin Upton, OF, Padres

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/top-10-trade-candidates-mlb.html

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLBTR top 10 candidates to be traded mid season. Could any of these guys draw the interest of DD' date=' if so what would the cost be?

4. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds

[url']http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/top-10-trade-candidates-mlb.html[/url]

Of course, Rich Hill, as a LH SP, should be considered, but at what cost, for a 36 year old?

MLBTR top 10 candidates to be traded mid season. Could any of these guys draw the interest of DD' date=' if so what would the cost be?

4. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds

10. Melvin Upton, OF, Padres [/quote']

I'd love to have the chips to get Teheran, but I don't see that happening unless we are trading some major league pieces like Schoop and Givens to get him. Hill scares me -- he seems like a guy who will have his mechanics fall apart at some point and go from being brilliant to awful. And isn't he on the DL right now?

I thought I read on MLBTR that Hill was going on the DL. I think we're going to stand pat and see what we have in Gallardo. Plus we face some pretty light hitting teams until the AS game, minus this upcoming stretch of games.

Cashner seems like a lateral move if you're replacing Wright/Ubaldo/Gallardo. We could get the same production from 2/3 of them without adding more salary and trading assets. This little winning streak helps the need for a SP right now. Plus we're just going to have to wait for more teams to fall out of the race.

Here's my unrealistic trade ideas:

Bundy, Schoop, Sisco to OAK for S.Gray and J.Lowrie

or

Bundy, Schoop, Sisco, Ubaldo to Oak for Gray, Lowrie, Crisp.

I thought I read on MLBTR that Hill was going on the DL. I think we're going to stand pat and see what we have in Gallardo. Plus we face some pretty light hitting teams until the AS game, minus this upcoming stretch of games.

Cashner seems like a lateral move if you're replacing Wright/Ubaldo/Gallardo. We could get the same production from 2/3 of them without adding more salary and trading assets. This little winning streak helps the need for a SP right now. Plus we're just going to have to wait for more teams to fall out of the race.

Here's my unrealistic trade ideas:

Bundy, Schoop, Sisco to OAK for S.Gray and J.Lowrie

or

Bundy, Schoop, Sisco, Ubaldo to Oak for Gray, Lowrie, Crisp.

Sonny Gray is another guy who scares me.

Transaction Junkie Dan. Please don't keep screwing the farm system.

If Dan "screws" the farm system, it's because he thinks the O's have a chance this year (so do I) not because he's a "transaction junkie". It's pretty clear that starting pitching is the Orioles weakness in an otherwise strong team. Would you sacrifice this seasons opportunity in order to preserve what we currently have in the minors?

I'm normally not a black and white kind of guy, but to me the choice this year is pretty clear-cut.

If Dan "screws" the farm system, it's because he thinks the O's have a chance this year (so do I) not because he's a "transaction junkie". It's pretty clear that starting pitching is the Orioles weakness in an otherwise strong team. Would you sacrifice this seasons opportunity in order to preserve what we currently have in the minors?

I'm normally not a black and white kind of guy, but to me the choice this year is pretty clear-cut.

This is good team sans two pitchers. Not even great pitchers.

4. Jay Bruce, OF, Reds

[url']http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/top-10-trade-candidates-mlb.html[/url]

I would be interested in Teheran. I wonder what the price would be. 3+ years left on his contract. Dollars are reasonable.

This guy is being considered as the number one pick in this year's draft.

Kyle Lewis, OF, Mercer University (Georgia)

"He's kind of the unknown. If he was doing what he's been doing at Florida State or LSU, you would be like, 'That's the first pick -- clearly.' He's doing it in a small conference against weaker competition, so questions arise, like, 'What happens when he faces really good pitching every day?'

"I like him a lot. I think he has a lot of upside, and I didn't see anything that made me think, 'Man, when the velocity picks up and the breaking balls get tighter, he's going to really struggle.' He has a chance to be an All-Star caliber outfielder -- probably in a corner, but he may be able to stay in center field. He's a pretty good athlete.

"He has a higher ceiling than Moniak does, but there's more risk there. You can see this guy being a .270 or .280 hitter in the big leagues with 25 home runs. He might not get there. But that's kind of what you're hoping he becomes.''

But everyone said Fister was broken, rolls eyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fister has about the same FIP/xFIP as the Oriole starters everyone wants to dump, with a BABIP 50 points lower than last year, 30 points lower than his career mark. To go with that 86 mph heater. Very likely his ERA will head north, soon.

Archived