2016 N.L.C.S. (Dodgers vs. Cubs)

OFFNY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Since April 23. 7 for 28 including 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 1 homer.   5 walks.  3 strikeouts.  
    • I’d be very surprised too but it’s all about talent and where you draft.  At 22 it’s tough to get high ceiling talent.  I’d guess Brecht is a reliever at the next level but he’s got dominant reliever upside.  His stuff, reportedly, is as good as any pitcher in the draft.  95 strikeouts in 55 innings as a starter.  
    • He's already a HOF.  It's just that his injuries have killed his chances of being an Inner Circle HOF.
    • With three more hits today, Etzel is at .360/.992. He has 171 MiLB at bats, so a third of a season. Which projects to a full season with:  513 AB 111 R 39 2B 12 3B 12 HR 114 RBI 93 BB 123 SO 90 SB 21 CS .339 AVG .445 OBP .532 SLG Not too shabby!    
    • I would love for someone to explain or justify to me how in the world Mullins catch on 4/15 is listed at 65% catch probability. There are a couple of guys in the league that make that catch but it’s a very short list. Maybe I just don’t understand the stat.
    • Not sure a pitcher technically can get “squeezed” by the automated strike zone but Povich had a number of borderline pitches tonight that could go the other way.  Handley was visibility perturbed by a few of the calls on walks and Povich doubled over in disbelief on a couple of walk calls. He reminds me a little of Tom Glavine how he throws, his wind up, how he hides the ball and how it explodes out his hand….sort of effortless. I heard the announcer for the Sound say Povich’s curveball hasn’t had a hit against it all year long and every other pitch is around .100 batting avg against.  In person, his fastball has a lot more giddy up than the radar shows.  98 pitches tonight and looks like he has a rubber arm.  
    • a game you'd hope Mullins, Mountcastle or Santander would step up and were let down. 
  • Popular Contributors