Selection Sunday

I thought we were a 6 and the NW loss pushed us to 7 but looks like they didn't penalize us. HUGE HUGE difference getting that 6, road to Sweet 16 is doable but not like you can even look past Xavier. They did just have a 6 game losing streak though.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, Finisher said:

How are Xavier's bigs? I think if we survive we can beat FSU. But then things would get comically impossible: need to probably beat Arizona then Gonzaga then Villanova then best of the other side of bracket.

I don't see how we survive FSU, they are so big and athletic, we may not get a single rebound.  Lol.  Don't know much about Xavier, but would be great to get that win at least.  Anything after that is icing on the cake IMO.  I was shocked to hear we got a six seed as well, but with our lack of inside presence, making it to the sweet sixteen with any seed would be a major undertaking.  Still excited to see the game tomorrow!

On 3/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, Finisher said:

How are Xavier's bigs? I think if we survive we can beat FSU. But then things would get comically impossible: need to probably beat Arizona then Gonzaga then Villanova then best of the other side of bracket.

Xavier's strength is rebounding apparently.  I think that's good for us actually.  We can't rebound anyway, so I'd rather play a good rebounding team than, say, a good 3 point shooting team. 

Archived