Manny's Wrist?

weams

I think a DL stint and perhaps a brief Minor League rehab assignment may not be the worse thing that could happen right now. Machado and Hardy are hitting a combined .186/.234/.329 since May 17th and have given very little indication things will get better any time soon. You can't demote players like that without causing drama, but a 'rehab' assignment could be just the thing to give them a fresh start and get back on track.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I don't think McCutchen did ANYTHING wrong.

But was Manny's slide vs Pedroia any worse than McCutchen's.

Of course not.

And you're not going to see any Oriole pitcher throwing at McCutchen's head either.

12 pages. Only because Manny will be ok and there are already another thread to criticize Manny. Why the heck aren't we playing Giovetella all around the IF in AAA?   If we can trot out Pedro Alvarez in COF, can't we at least let Giovetella get some burn at SS and 3B. I don't understand this. 

If (IF!) a DL stint is needed, you have 3 main options since there is an open 40:

- Bring up Alvarez and just say "to hell with defense"

- Bring up Giavotella and try him at 3rd. He's been mainly 2nd, but...

- Bring up Drew Dosch. Solid 3rd baseman, been playing there his life, hasn't been a slouch since getting to Norfolk, ect.

If a DL stint isn't needed, Tejada may get to show off early.

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If (IF!) a DL stint is needed, you have 3 main options since there is an open 40:

- Bring up Alvarez and just say "to hell with defense"

- Bring up Giavotella and try him at 3rd. He's been mainly 2nd, but...

- Bring up Drew Dosch. Solid 3rd baseman, been playing there his life, hasn't been a slouch since getting to Norfolk, ect.

If a DL stint isn't needed, Tejada may get to show off early.

If just for a game or two,they can move Davis to third in an emergency.

11 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Its not the wrist,...its the fromt of the Hand...deep cut and bruise...bad enough...but NOT the wrist.

“It’s a puncture here, pretty deep. It’s more on the top here, pretty deeply bruised, just kind of deep. It’s an unfortunate slide, I can tell you that. We’ve had our share. I don’t think Andrew was doing it maliciously. It certainly was an unfortunate execution of a slide. You hate to see it. I’m sure McCutchen felt the same way. But sometimes things happen in the heat of battle, just like Manny’s slide (into Dustin Pedroia).

“I don’t think there’s any maliciousness on either part. We were certainly not going to start retaliating.”

15 hours ago, BobDylanBundy said:

I think a DL stint and perhaps a brief Minor League rehab assignment may not be the worse thing that could happen right now. Machado and Hardy are hitting a combined .186/.234/.329 since May 17th and have given very little indication things will get better any time soon. You can't demote players like that without causing drama, but a 'rehab' assignment could be just the thing to give them a fresh start and get back on track.

If this is what it takes to get Manny a few days off it could be a good thing.  More likely though he'll play with the minor injury and won't get the needed time off.

Archived