Roch has been told the O's need 4 more starters

wildcard

22 hours ago, foxfield said:

4 FA. Yeah not happening. Besides if we got 4 FA starters it would be headlined by Chris Tillman. I do think it is possible to get 4 new starters and a massive upgrade. Sign 1, Trade for one, sign 2 come backers (Tillman Miggy) give Ynoa, Blier and Castro a shot out of the pen. 

But it's not like FA's are created equal.  Quantity and quality are completely different concepts.  4 AAAA quality free agents are still 4 free agents.  I think we can assume that the O's aren't going to spend a lot on more than 1 free agent, and it wouldn't be surprising if they spent a little money on 2 or 3 5th starter types.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ruzious said:

But it's not like FA's are created equal.  Quantity and quality are completely different concepts.  4 AAAA quality free agents are still 4 free agents.  I think we can assume that the O's aren't going to spend a lot on more than 1 free agent, and it wouldn't be surprising if they spent a little money on 2 or 3 5th starter types.  

I agree completely 

I heard tv ratings were at a 7 season low last year. I think the SP is mostly to blame for that. Is there a way to see ratings for each game and then compare the ratings to which SP started that game?

I am betting that no one tuned in to watch Ubaldo pitch.  Even the hardcore fans had a tough time watching Tillman and Miley last year. 

Right now, we're just a boring team. We're hard to watch 3/5 nights because of the rotation. Our station to station HR offense was down and got exposed. In order to see dominant pitching for the O's, you have to tune in at like 9:00 during games that we are winning.  That's to see Brach, Givens, Britton. 

Archived