Suprising Off Limit Player

weams

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

He was the guy that we signed after the deadline, right?  Can you imagine the fallout if MLB played hardball and Bishop went on to have a successful career?

It turned out that everything was in close enough. MLB just wanted to poke the Orioles for a week. I remember when Scott Boras hung up the phone on MLB when he had run out of time to get Pedro Alvarez' paperwork in. The whole process of notarization and faxing in documents leaves much to be desired. 

There shouldn't be any off-limits players. I'm find if the Orioles brass value certain players differently than the industry and, as a result, that player seems unlikely to move. That said, there's a big difference between valuation differences and pure unwillingness to deal a player without exception.

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

There shouldn't be any off-limits players. I'm find if the Orioles brass value certain players differently than the industry and, as a result, that player seems unlikely to move. That said, there's a big difference between valuation differences and pure unwillingness to deal a player without exception.

I'm guessing he isn't really off limits.  Just the price would be higher than another team would be willing to pay. 

Archived