Cobb only thread

interloper

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think adding a quality pitcher here makes too much sense.

Even if Machado and Jones move on, we have some intriguing bats coming up through the system.  A stronger pitching staff anchored by Gausman-Bundy-Cobb would allow us to stay competitive IMO.

He wouldn't block anyone (Tillman and Cashner would be exiting for future additions like Harvey), and you need more than 5 pitchers in a given season.

We're at a solid time for prices, apparently.

The Brewers seem to be the favorites right now. Not based on anything in particular other than twitter buzz and the fact that they've been in the mix since the beginning.

Roch did say today that the Orioles remain in contact with his agent, though.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Makes a ton of sense.  Imagine giving him 30 starts instead of Wright/Castro/Cortes.  Or 30 starts instead of Tillman.  Could make a huge difference. Get it done.

He's never made 30 starts in a season. I'd be happy just giving him 25 with some combo of Castro/Cortes/Wright making the other 5-7.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

The Brewers seem to be the favorites right now. Not based on anything in particular other than twitter buzz and the fact that they've been in the mix since the beginning.

Roch did say today that the Orioles remain in contact with his agent, though.

They do seem to be linked to him, but I've also seen things were they seem reluctant given the plethora of options they already have (though that's similar to the pre-Lynn Twins).

Just now, OsEatAlEast said:

His long track record of pitching well against the whole AL East is what I like the most about him. Just a no nonsense solid pitcher.

The Orioles always mention this when they acquire players, like with Cashner. It's something they value, for better or for worse. So by that logic, they should be backing up the cash truck to get him. 

Archived