Our 3B Defense is Atrocious!

pastorfan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny at short is like just before a couple break up. They have the "talk" and one says they arent real happy and would like to see other people. The other person says I will do anything just give me a chance. It's over at that point there is nothing that the other person can do. 

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Are you Mike Bordick? Buck always places such a high degree on defense.Maybe now an obtuse angle.

Yep, you found me out.

All this time I've been Mike Bordick posting as Can_of_corn.  Who knew I was so sarcastic away from the camera?

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

This is kind of a tangential question, but the thinking on how you match skills of defenders to positions changed much with the more frequent and extreme shifts? Can't you play your best defender like a center midfielder and put them wherever which way?

Tangential? I have listened to Tangerine Dream but that was too esoteric for me.

3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

This is kind of a tangential question, but has the thinking on how you match skills of defenders to positions changed much with the more frequent and extreme shifts? Can't you play your best defender like a center midfielder and put them wherever which way?

You could if you can get the players to buy in.

1 hour ago, FanSince88 said:

Too bad Mountcastle is rehabbing from the broken hand.  

I would definitely like to see Chance Sisco at catcher full time.  Caleb's defense has been disappointing and his hitting is virtually nonexistent.  Chance can't be much worse and it makes no sense for him to be a backup catcher, his service time is running whether he starts or not.  Let's see what the kid can do.  

I like Mountcastle, but his defense at 3B would make you blush.

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, you found me out.

All this time I've been Mike Bordick posting as Can_of_corn.  Who knew I was so sarcastic away from the camera?

I'd much rather listen to you do a game than Bordick, I can assure you of that!

48 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Only the results will surprise you.

I’m not sure I understand.  The results are exactly what I said I expected when Machado was announced as starting shortstop.

1 hour ago, FanSince88 said:

I almost guarantee you that whoever signs Manny will miraculously convince him to play third again (he'll have about 300 million reasons to do so, actually).  And we'll just be the idiots who licked our franchise player's boots in his walk year only to see him sign elsewhere for millions and millions more than we'd be willing to pay.  Silly rabbit, goodwill is for kids -- money talks in the MLB!  

But...  if we didn't let Manny play short, we'd have only had a 1% chance of extending him... now that we're licking his boots, that's got to be up to 1.05% instead!  See, it's just brilliant tactics from our front office!

Archived