Here's the Top 100 prospects in Baseball. Who could we land at the deadline without giving up Bundy or Trey?

FanSince88

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FanSince88 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/2018-fantasy-baseball-top-100-prospects-ronald-acuna-proving-his-worth-in-spring/

Everyone on this roster besides Mancini or Bundy would be on the table.  Obviously I wouldn't want to trade any of our prospects who haven't even reached the big leagues yet, or Hays.  

If you were willing to trade Bundy or Mancini, what would it take to do that?  I don't think any one team could offer me a package of prospects that would make deading Trey or Dylan worth it at this point.  Not with 3 and 4 respective years of team control remaining after 2018.  

There needs to be a fire sale at the deadline. 

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd agree.  But the Orioles probably want to hold on to Cisco, too. We should add him to the list of relative untouchables.  

The Orioles pissed all over themselves by not trading any of their players at near peak level.  So when they come to any negotiating table with any other team, there's no position of strength to start negotiating from.  

Any other GM will look at the Orioles situation and probably say something like "Well, I'll consider Trumbo if you eat 75% of the salary and you can have two of my prospects outside of my top 20 list because...well, I'd be doing you a favor and hoping that Trumbo could use a change of scenery and our hitting instructors might be able to get him back to a .260 .320 guy with some power, but that's a gamble on our end."

I'd take that deal!  Just get rid of dead weight and wasted roster spaces!

There are two things certain in baseball: guaranteed contracts and age related decline.

Baseball front offices across MLB have all now figured this out.  This is why the free agent market was underwelming for the players this off-season.  It's more difficult than ever to get any good cost-controlled prospects in trades for over an 30 player with a rather large contract.

Archived