Is it time to move Chris Davis to DH

atomic

From the games I have seen this year Chris Davis has been sub-par defensively.  Also Mancini is not the best  left fielder.  How about moving Chris Davis to DH which he can share with Trumbo when he comes back.  Move Mancini to first base.   

I think Davis is still probably a better defender at 1B than Mancini.  Obviously I'd rather have Mancini and his contract at 1B than Davis and his, but if they're both going to be on the roster you should probably play the better defender at 1B.  I'd like to see DJ Stewart force the issue and become the new LF in time though.  This could make them make some tough calls on Davis.

55 minutes ago, atomic said:

From the games I have seen this year Chris Davis has been sub-par defensively.  Also Mancini is not the best  left fielder.  How about moving Chris Davis to DH which he can share with Trumbo when he comes back.  Move Mancini to first base.   

Buck will ride the Davis train till it derails him and the entire club. ¬¬

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

I think Davis is still probably a better defender at 1B than Mancini.  Obviously I'd rather have Mancini and his contract at 1B than Davis and his, but if they're both going to be on the roster you should probably play the better defender at 1B.  I'd like to see DJ Stewart force the issue and become the new LF in time though.  This could make them make some tough calls on Davis.

I'd like to see if Mancini can show the same defensive improvement at 1B that he has in LF.  Like everybody else, I don't see that happening, but while we're entertaining pipe dreams, why not move Stewart into left with Mullins in CF and Hays in RF after the AS break and see who sinks and who swims?  Davis can DH against RH pitchers, Trumbo against LF pitchers and AJ against pitchers with no low and away junk.

Archived