OPCY Future Renovations: Thoughts and Ideas

fansince1988

One of my two suggestions from 2015 from a Tweet I sent and also on here. I suggested moving the Jumbotron off to left-center to allow the historic station to be seen (and thus blocking the awful Hilton) and seeing more of the downtown buildings. I also made the rooftop bar extend 3 times as far towards right field. In a later illustration, I put an auxiliary scoreboard just over those very last seats to the right of the foul pole. 

Maybe during downtime’s in the game, they can show the Bromo Tower on the screen about where it would be if it were not for the Hilton ;)

tsbyqxa.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camden Yards is so iconic because it was the first "retro" park. The MD Stadium Authority and the Orioles need to double down and go "super retro": Wooden bleachers,  a rope with fans standing behind it instead of a fence, go full Amish and remove all lights and electronics, etc. Eighty one day games a season. Insert the Terance Mann speech from Field of Dreams here.  

9 hours ago, NashLumber said:

My 2nd attempt which has every change mentioned above, but added the RF scoreboard as mentioned above. 

CYcBDyR.png

Very nice suggestions! Unfortunately it seems like ball parks are going for more electronic signage and not less. I live 90 minutes from Minute Maid Park. I really like the stadium, but the amount of space covered with electronic signage is off the charts. That seems so common in ballparks these days (even college football stadiums are practically wrapped in screens and electronic boards now). I find it pretty yucky and am afraid there will be more not less of this in Camden Yards future. 

Archived