Six games in five days

SteveA

Everyone hoping that Tillman doesn't get another start, you are probably going to be disappointed.   Dropping him from the rotation now would mean we would need TWO new starters as we have 6 games in the next five days.

There's a rule that allows you to bring up a 26th man for a doubleheader, so I would expect either Hess or Melville will be coming up to pitch in one of the games Saturday.

And I don't think you want to hold off on Tillman until Saturday and pitch both Tillman + a rookie in the DH... you could need tons of relief in both games.

So I expect Tillman will probably go the 3rd game vs KC Thursday.   So if the bullpen takes a hit that night it has a day to recover before the DH.

I think if it weren't for the 6 games in 5 days, Saturday would have been Tillman's swan song.  But the schedule gives him a reprieve.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Everyone that is hoping that Tillman doesn't get another start, you are probably going to be disappointed. Dropping him from the rotation now would mean that we would need TWO new starters, as we have 6 games in the next five days.

There's a rule that allows you to bring up a 26th man for a doubleheader, so I would expect either Hess or Melville will be coming up to pitch in one of the games Saturday.

And I don't think that you would want to hold off on Tillman until Saturday, and pitch both Tillman PLUS a rookie in the Doubleheader ........ you could wind up needing tons of relief in both games.

So I expect that Tillman will probably go the 3rd game vs. the Royals on Thursday. So if the bullpen takes a hit that night, it has a day to recover before the Doubleheader.

I think that if it weren't for the 6 games in 5 days, Saturday would have been Tillman's swan song ........ but the schedule (probably) gives him a reprieve.

o

Good info.

Thanks, Steve.

o

Hess or Ramirez most likely. Harvey is the only other starter on the 40 other than those 2. The other two options would be Scott or Hart to bolster the pen.

Yacabonis was just moved from the bullpen to starter. Hasn't been bad since the move though.

Melville isn't on the 40. 

*Edit* As soon as I say that, Yacabonis gives up a grand slam.

21 hours ago, SteveA said:

Everyone hoping that Tillman doesn't get another start, you are probably going to be disappointed.   Dropping him from the rotation now would mean we would need TWO new starters as we have 6 games in the next five days.

And I don't think you want to hold off on Tillman until Saturday and pitch both Tillman + a rookie in the DH... you could need tons of relief in both games.

So I expect Tillman will probably go the 3rd game vs KC Thursday.   So if the bullpen takes a hit that night it has a day to recover before the DH.

I think if it weren't for the 6 games in 5 days, Saturday would have been Tillman's swan song.  But the schedule gives him a reprieve.

As expected, that's what Buck did.   You can't have Tillman and a rookie callup going in the doubleheader Saturday, you might need 12+ innings of relief in one day.

Archived