Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

Hmm... is the list of teams narrowing?

Hopefully, there's something going on with the Phils.

I mean it makes sense. Burres spot in the rotation has not been determined, Happ is a lefty, Liz sent down and Burres sent to the BP. I don't know I have a good feeling but I'm used to spirit crushing disappointment. But I NEED Donald coming back too. Now can he be included while overseas? Could I possibly watch the Orioles future at short in the Olympics?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J.A. Happ pulled early from a Triple A start (2.2 scoreless innings) with no sign of injury. Something to keep an eye on, as the Phillies hunt for a lefty reliever.

from mlbtraderumors.com

Found this online.....Something we all knew from reading the posts, but nice to see it getting some attention

Hmm... is the list of teams narrowing?

Hopefully, there's something going on with the Phils.

The Marlins are the interesting team to me. I don't think we've heard much about them and Sherrill.

Also note that the Brewers aren't on that list.

The Marlins are the interesting team to me. I don't think we've heard much about them and Sherrill.

I saw that the Marlins were willing to use Mike Jacobs to get relife help...I know everyone wants to get Tex for 1B but this is not a bad much chaeper and possibly easier option to obtain.

I think its been said before that if we traded with Mil, it would most likely be for Bradford. One reason is the price for Sherrill and the cost of the moves already made by Mil. Plus, the "closer" that has done the best for the teams mentioned still looking for a closer would probably be Torres.

I saw that the Marlins were willing to use Mike Jacobs to get relife help...I know everyone wants to get Tex for 1B but this is not a bad much chaeper and possibly easier option to obtain.

Why would they give up their starting 1B to get a reliever? That wouldn't strenghten their team at all. :confused:

I started a thread about the Marlins a couple days ago, because I'd heard they had scouts present at a few O's games for Sherrill. I know the Marlins farm system is usually well stacked, but I'm not sure what we could ask for Sherrill. Obviously, both Miller and Maybin are off limits.

Dallas MacPhereson has hit 150 homers in AAA this year. He could easily replace Jacobs production.

I heard Dallas McPherson's home runs can cure cancer and he hit one over 800' switch hitting.

Dallas McPherson isn't a switch hitter.

If they could get Mike Jacobs, I'd be very happy. He hit two home runs today, and while his average isn't great, the power potential and his salary ($400,000) is attractive. With a short porch in right field and Jacobs' left handed bat, he could put up 35 bombs in a season.

If we replaced Huff and Millar with Jacobs and Tex and leave Scott in left, or were able to move Mora or bench him and leave Huff at third, I'd be happy with the power we'd have in the order.

I started a thread about the Marlins a couple days ago, because I'd heard they had scouts present at a few O's games for Sherrill. I know the Marlins farm system is usually well stacked, but I'm not sure what we could ask for Sherrill. Obviously, both Miller and Maybin are off limits.

Yeah well other then your thread I hadn't heard about Sherrill to the Fish at all. So looks like you're one step ahead of me buddy, if not two.:D

I honestly don't know much about the Marlins system, except all the guys that would be off limits.

Donald plaued in the US / World game - he looked good, aside from an errant throw to 1B.

I would happily take him as our SS.

NOW - if we dealt Roberts to PHI as well, I'm sure Cindy would find solace in Donalrd as well - not that McPhail takes that into account!

:D

I don't really think I'd want Mike Jacobs. I just don't see where we would play him, especially if we get Tex.

I expect Reimold and Scott to be in LF and DH. If we get Tex he's at first. So really no room for Jacobs.

His .282 OBP is pretty dismal as well.

Donald plaued in the US / World game - he looked good, aside from an errant throw to 1B.

I would happily take him as our SS.

NOW - if we dealt Roberts to PHI as well, I'm sure Cindy would find solace in Donalrd as well - not that McPhail takes that into account!

:D

I might be wrong, but I thought I heard the Phillies already have a halfway decent 2B. ;)

Archived