Sherill being looked at by phillies?

Saintbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not getting my hopes up, BUT if this was the deal for Sherill I think that it would be a great deal for both sides. I would be very happy with Donald and another prospect. For some reason though....I find it hard to believe. I hope I am wrong.

The idea that he was pulled due to being called up just sounds fishy to me.

The timing just doesn't make sense. it was too late for him to be available to pitch yesterday for the Phillies and they are off on Monday.

So if they won't be calling him up until Tuesday at the earliest why pull him early from the game?

It could be for a call up but a potential physical and trade just seem to make more sense.

We could find out as soon as Tuesday:

The Phillies will announce a corresponding roster move before Tuesday night's game in Washington, but it's likely they will recall left-hander J.A. Happ from Class AAA Lehigh Valley. Happ was lifted from a start Sunday after throwing only 41 pitches in 2-2/3 innings. Happ would likely be used as a situational lefty out of the bullpen.

http://delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/SPORTS01/80728023

Could it be a trade announcement? I think my scenario I stated earlier is more likely...

The idea that he was pulled due to being called up just sounds fishy to me.

The timing just doesn't make sense. it was too late for him to be available to pitch yesterday for the Phillies and they are off on Monday.

So if they won't be calling him up until Tuesday at the earliest why pull him early from the game?

It could be for a call up but a potential physical and trade just seem to make more sense.

You pull him b/c if you let him go 6-7 innings on Sunday, he can't pitch in relief until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

If he goes 2 innings, then he can pitch on Tuesday.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a potential trade.

Apparently, Eaton accepted a minor league assignment, so I guess Happ's not getting traded.

Well there has been thought that Sherrill could take Eaton's spot on the roster instead of Happ and Happ would take Sherrill's spot on the Orioles roster and most likely a rotation spot. With Walker we are carrying 9 relievers so one of them has to get traded or sent down for a starter. It could be Bradford or Sherrill...

Archived