Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This entire quote tells me that Elias is saying that he doesn't have the ability cut Chris Davis. That means this is an ownership thing and it's beginning to be the first black mark on the ownership of the sons.

We all know that Elias and Hyde know that Chris Davis doesn't belong on this team. It's ashamed that ownership won't let him make the right move for the organization.

If true, it's troubling that the sons don't know the meaning of sunk cost.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This entire quote tells me that Elias is saying that he doesn't have the ability cut Chris Davis. That means this is an ownership thing and it's beginning to be the first black mark on the ownership of the sons.

We all know that Elias and Hyde know that Chris Davis doesn't belong on this team. It's ashamed that ownership won't let him make the right move for the organization.

So they cut him, still pay him and what body is he really blocking that is knocking down the door and isn't getting rushed?

I think Davis is cut in 2020 sometime. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I was talking more about the pitching comments than I was about Davis. 

RE: Davis. I have no idea what his problem is. I'm not going down the PED route without ample evidence, unless you're talking about his ADHD medicine.

He was BANNED from our playoffs for using PEDs. That is all the evidence I need. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Well, the ADHD medicine, yeah? And didn't he end up getting a therapeutic exemption? I'm just saying I don't think that's his issue.

The medicine being discussed is a PED and the long release he was later supplied is "UnCrushable." They are not prescribed this for interpersonal issues. Only for performance enhancement. It's been long known. At X times the general population levels. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's amazing that some people don't like Hyde because he's being honest and will not allow his integrity be challenged. the thing i like about Hyde is that he hasn't really singled one guy out unless he was asked about that one player. His comments about a lack of talent is 100% correct. 

This isn't spring training anymore, these players have had 4-5 months to show what they can and can't do and unfortunately, many have shown they don't have the consistent major league ability.

Most don't have consistent major league ability.

34 players for the Orioles this year have 0 or negative WAR. 34. 17 have a positive WAR. 3 have a WAR over 2.

The issue isn't effort. Its talent and that's on, well, not Elias. Not yet, at least.

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

So they cut him, still pay him and what body is he really blocking that is knocking down the door and isn't getting rushed?

I think Davis is cut in 2020 sometime. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

Do you think the Davis situation is a good one for the team on the field and in the dugout?

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If true, it's troubling that the sons don't know the meaning of sunk cost.

Yeah, it tells me that they don't want to paint their father in a bad light. He signed that ridiculous contract outbidding himself when only Buck wanted him back, and I'm not even sure Buck wanted him back at those terms.

The only other thing I can think of is that the sons are hoping he gets hurt and can recoup some of the costs through insurance. 

What we all know is that Chris Davis is no longer an effective major league baseball player and he has no role on a rebuilding team. 

• Upvote 3