2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(GAME THREE)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Chelston Springer III - CF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Michael Charles Brantley, Jr. - LF

Alexander Davis "A.D." Bregman - 3B

Yuliesky Gurriel Castillo - 1B

Carlos Javier Correa Oppenheimer - SS

William Joshua Reddick - RF

Robinson David Chirinos Gonzalez - C

Donald Zachary Greinke - RHP )) (18-5, 2.93 ERA) ) *

* )) (10-4, 2.90 ERA) OOO [ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS] OOOOO (8-1, 3.02 ERA) OOO [HOUSTON ASTROS]

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Trea Vance "T.V." Turner - SS

Adam Corey "A.C." Eaton - RF

Anthony Rendon - 3B

Juan Jose Soto Pacheco - LF

Asdrubal Cabrera - 2B

Ryan Zimmerman - 1B

Kurt Suzuki - C

Victor Enrique Robles Brito - CF

Anibal Alejandro Sanchez, Jr. - RHP )) (11-8, 3.85 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

o

After 3 and-a-half innings, both pitchers have the exact same pitch-count ........ )65 Pitches )(40 )Strikes, )25 )Balls.)

The difference is that Sanchez has completed 4 innings, and Greinke has completed only 3.

o

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

It’s the consternation on the mound. Have some damn conviction and throw the ball. I know sometimes pitchers try to pry on the anxiety of a hitter but enough is enough. 

Yeah, it's one thing to be deliberate, but you could read a chapter of a novel between pitches. And the longer commercial breaks aren't helping either. 

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yeah, it's one thing to be deliberate, but you could read a chapter of a novel between pitches. And the longer commercial breaks aren't helping either. 

Some people get on MLB but they didn’t try to force the pitch clock last year due to the union. Enough is enough. Peacock was fidgety with a 3 run lead and no one on base. 

The commercials are definitely longer. 

They need to get rid of the You Tube TV commercial that starts off with the catch in front of the Fenway standings board which immortalizes Baltimore 47 - 115 on the bottom.   Glad I chose FUBO for a free trial to watch the series.

On the other hand the “hold my beer” Budweiser commercial with Charlize Theron.... best 30 seconds on TV!

28 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

In the history of the World Series (1903 - Present), teams that have lost the first 2 games of the series and come back to win Game 3 have a record of 16-13 overall in Game 4.

SOURCE: ) Fox Sports

o

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

o

In 1985, a team had never come back from a 2 games to 0 deficit after losing those first 2 games at home ........ and then it happened in 2 consecutive seasons.

The Royals lost the first 2 games of the World Series at home to the Cardinals, and then came back to win it in 7.

One year later the Mets lost the first 2 games of the World Series at home to the Red Sox, and they also came back to win it in 7.

o

7 hours ago, scOtt said:

I get to watch a game Sunday too! :D I only get two days a week.

I gave up watching the WS years ago.  Always in the last game, toward the end, the camera is always showing women in the crowd praying, guys with their hands on top of their head, doing closeups of players leaning against the dugout railing, and Joe Buck-it rambling on and on and on about nothing.  And, of course, 3 minutes in between pitches.  And after the final out, cameras showing the losing players sitting on the bench.  And Joe Buck-it still going on and on and on about nothing.

1aac77096b546163202f092cad5a1e21.jpg

560.jpg

joe_buck_yourself.jpg

• Haha 1