Maryland vs Fairfield

Tony-OH

Watching the first 5 minutes so far this is such a classic Turgeon team. Lots of talent, no offensive identity, dumb shot selection with no ramifications, sloppy with the ball and just general malaise early in the game. 

Terps will pull away from this team, but I see a lot of things that make me remember to temper my excitement because this is a Turgeon coached team. 

Wow, this team is in BIIIIIGGGGGG trouble if they play this way against good teams. So disappointing. I wanted to be impressed by the team but they really look like hot garbage overall. They play like  a pick up team. No flow to the offense, just athleticism plays because they are much bigger and more talented. No wonder a Turgeon led team can not beat good teams with good coaching like Izzo and Michigan state.

Terps lead by 6 but this first half is U.G.L.Y.

This is just one game, but my expectations for this Turgeon-led team has dropped. I'll be surprised if this team is in the top 25 by January. Jalen Smith an All-American? He can't create his own shot and can't even dominate an awful low Div-I team full of little and skinny guys.

Turnovers? Sure, Terps still love turning the ball over like it's skillset. You want poor defense? You got it. You want poor shot selection with Turgeon just standing there with his hands on his hips? Check that one off too.

They have an 8 point lead in the 2nd half against Fairfield. This is ridiculous. Turgeon wonders why no one comes out to these games? Because you can't coach, your teams are always undisciplined and they never have an offensive identity.

I haven't been paying much to the early action, but Turgeon is clearly playing around with rotations and really spreading out the minutes.  Ayala hasn't even started the last two games and he might be our best player.  I wouldn't read into our performance too much against these mid-major teams.  It is hard to get into any kind of flow when the rotations are so in flux. 

We looked pretty good against Rhode Island, the one decent team we've played so far.  Temple next week should be a better test.