The non-tender thread

weams

9 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

My 28-game-plan seats are in the front row of the upper deck behind home plate and I have a really booming voice.

If the Orioles signed Addison Russell you would hear me booing him every pitch of every at-bat. You would know whether I was at that game every time he came up.

Agreed. And before anyone else suggests we sign Addison Russell I strongly suggest you read this article. This wasn't an isolated incident. It was years of physical and emotional abuse. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wife-cubs-addison-russell-details-abuse-allegations/story?id=57987784

Quote from his wife - "The way I was treated and the way he made me feel about myself, tore me down to nothing. I was so proud of myself for not being afraid anymore, I was free to make my own choices and I was free to live for MYSELF," she wrote. "I was taking back my life. It took months for night terrors to stop, to not have panic attacks 3 times a week, to look in the mirror and not feel worthless."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Peraza would be interesting. The projection systems like him for a pretty good year. He’s only 25. 3 years of team control left, but via the arb process. Power would play up at OPACY. 

Russell would be interesting as well. OPACY would offer a good bounce back type season. 

If you dig into the numbers Peraza isn't very good. He's a terrible OBP guy with zero pop. 

6 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Peraza, Shaw, Franco, and Hernandez would all be good targets for the infield if no one else offers starting jobs.

But maybe they're too expensive for Elias's Tampa-like budget. I'm an offseason junkie, but I can't draw up any excitement after they traded a 4 WAR player for an organizational guy to save money. Trading Bundy, claiming a few Alberto-like lottery tickets, and signing a Dan Straily or two are the only moves I expect. 

I like Hernandez (he's very underrated) and Shaw but I'm not big on Franco and Peraza. Taking a flyer on Tajuan Walker wouldn't be a terrible idea either, as long as it was a cheap commitment. 

40 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If you dig into the numbers Peraza isn't very good. He's a terrible OBP guy with zero pop. 

Pereza is only 25, former top 100 prospect.  He's had some decent years.  He can steal a base too.

The funny thing is the Pereza is only 200 days older than Martin.  Obviously, every idea is going to start out with the disclaimer about price, but if he's in our range, he wouldn't be a bad stop gap.  Especially if we want to give Martin some time in AAA, and/or draft a young Rule 5 SS.  

Pereza was just worth 2.3 WAR in 2018.  He seems like a good buy low candidate, that would take a deal from us because we could offer him the everyday SS job.  

Players I would be interested in:

SP:  we need em in droves.

Former top prospects: Walker, Gausman, Sanchez, Hultzen.  Orioles should try and get one of these guys.

Serviceable innings eaters:  Hahn, Jimmy Nelson

RP:  Hildenberger, Hoyt (former astro prospect), Claudio (All closed or were good set up relievers.

OF: Santana.  This guy can hit.

Inf:  Yolmer Sanchez (GG winner), Mikail Franco

31 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Players I would be interested in:

SP:  we need em in droves.

Former top prospects: Walker, Gausman, Sanchez, Hultzen.  Orioles should try and get one of these guys.

Serviceable innings eaters:  Hahn, Jimmy Nelson

RP:  Hildenberger, Hoyt (former astro prospect), Claudio (All closed or were good set up relievers.

OF: Santana.  This guy can hit.

Inf:  Yolmer Sanchez (GG winner), Mikail Franco

I like the idea of Franco and Pereza as stopgaps at 3B and SS.  I just don't think we'll spend anything over the min. for players.  Give them everyday AB's in OPACY, and hopefully they bring back something in return come deadline time.