Buck interviewing for Astros job

Frobby

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Manny was flashy, but I never got the sense that he was much of a talker. And even if he was unless Buck spoke Spanish he probably didn't understand half of what he said. 

What a stupid comment.  Manny was born in Miami and spoke fluent English.

Just now, NCRaven said:

What a stupid comment.  Manny was born in Miami and spoke fluent English.

I never said he wasn't fluent in English, but I think you're being pretty naive if you think he didn't speak Spanish with the other Latino players in the clubhouse. Either way Manny (in English or Spanish) wasn't nearly as outspoken as Alex Bregman is. 

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Notice they haven't punished the Red Sox yet?

I'm betting MLB and the Red Sox got together and canned Cora so they could try and do the slow fade on the Red Sox getting caught cheating again.

justD and I were discussing that, Today.  I think that is awful if it turns that way. 

8 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Manny was flashy, but I never got the sense that he was much of a talker. And even if he was unless Buck spoke Spanish he probably didn't understand half of what he said. Bregman has one of the worst cases of little man complex I've seen in a baseball player in quite awhile.

In terms of being controversial, I think Manny easily has Bregman beat. Remember it was just last offseason that Manny was basically Public Enemy #1 in baseball after all his postseason shenanigans (tripping/stepping on people, etc.) and his "I'm not Johnny Hustle" comments. Bregman is outspoken, but he hasn't built up as negative a reputation as Manny.

If Buck could get along with Manny -- and he did -- then he could certainly do the same with Bregman. I guess it's a moot point now, though.