WaPo: MASN workers in limbo

weams

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/01/with-baseball-postponed-masn-workers-left-without-pay-are-uncertain-what-comes-next/

A group of around 30 freelancers who work on the pre- and postgame production of baseball broadcasts for the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, which televises all Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals games and is part-owned by both franchises, have been told that for now they are not receiving financial assistance from the network while the baseball season is delayed because of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Another group of at least 30 to 40 people who make up the game production crew — camera workers and people in the production truck — at Camden Yards and Nationals Park also have been told they will receive no compensation for now, though this group is contracted by MASN through an outside company, according to several people who have been affected.

The Orioles have bern strangely quite about this and the Baltimore Sun story about the stadium workers where they had no comment. Especially after the social unrest in Baltimore after Freddie Gray when the Angelos son said about workers pay and a livable wage.

I see the Ravens donating to the city and have made many comments about the situation. 

Also I think it would be good while the people might get the stimulus later that the Orioles start refunding single game tickets that were purchased. That money even if it is small might come in handy with people's jobs being cut 

6 hours ago, GuidoSarducci said:

I can't imagine the Angelos' are in much of a giving mood after losing the MASN court battle with MLB.  Unfortunately the little guys will pay the price.

Still making millions from regional and national TV revenue. But the little guys always pay the price.I will wait to see if the Orioles organization step up to the plate otherwise those words of middle class and living wages for people where just words.