Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Joey Rickard is available!!

Giants non-tendered OF Joey Rickard.

The 28-year-old outfielder split the 2019 season between the Orioles and Giants where he slashed .226/.312/.357 with three homers, 10 RBI and four stolen bases in 189 plate appearances. He had been projected by MLBTradeRumors.com to earn $1.1 million via arbitration.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/20723/joey-rickard

Steve Pearce is unofficially retired:

Steve Pearce told Rob Bradford of WEEI that he's "unofficially retired."

Pearce completed his 10th year of MLB service in 2019, which earned him a fully-vested pension. Coming off a rough season where back and knee injuries limited him to just 29 games for the Red Sox, he'd probably have to settle for a minor league deal to keep his career going. He'll be 37 in April and just might not want to put himself through that process. Pearce didn't really hit it big in the majors until his age-31 season with the Orioles in 2014, eventually winning the World Series MVP for the Red Sox in 2018.

3 hours ago, murph said:

Steve Pearce is unofficially retired:

Steve Pearce told Rob Bradford of WEEI that he's "unofficially retired."

Pearce completed his 10th year of MLB service in 2019, which earned him a fully-vested pension. Coming off a rough season where back and knee injuries limited him to just 29 games for the Red Sox, he'd probably have to settle for a minor league deal to keep his career going. He'll be 37 in April and just might not want to put himself through that process. Pearce didn't really hit it big in the majors until his age-31 season with the Orioles in 2014, eventually winning the World Series MVP for the Red Sox in 2018.

18 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

7a5m411ljn341.jpg

Adam Jones has reportedly signed with the Orix Buffalos in Japan.

Now that it has happened, I can't say I'm really surprised, but I wasn't expecting this.  Somehow, I thought some MLB team would sign him.  A big part or the Orioles getting good again after a long dry spell.  Miss you, #10.

• Upvote 1