Orioles @ Red Sox, 3/24

Aglets

From Roch:

The Red Sox game notes listed Wade LeBlanc as an available reliever for tonight’s game, but the Orioles notes exclude him. LeBlanc has an opt-out clause in his contract that can be exercised today, as reported by The Athletic, and he could be held back until a decision is made.

The relievers are Eric Hanhold, Zac Lowther, Konner Wade, Marcos Diplán, Evan Phillips, Cody Carroll and Mickey Jannis.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Seems like a good thread to consider whether Mansolino has done a good job generally.   The O’s have been thrown out at home only 11 times, tied for 6th fewest in MLB (13.3 is average).   They have scored from 1st on a double 41.5% of the time, vs. league average of 38.2% of the time. They have scored from 2B on a single 62.9% of the time, vs. league average 61.8% of the time.   The O’s have been thrown out at 3B 6 times, tied for 3rd fewest in MLB. They have gone 1st to 3rd on a single 36.2% of the time, vs. league average 31.9%.   So, the overall profile is that the O’s take an extra base to get to 3B or score on a single or a double at a greater rate than the average team, yet they are thrown out trying to do those things less than the average team. Not all the credit or the blame for these things falls on the 3B coach.   And, there are some plays involving the 3B coach that I can’t capture, like scoring from 3B on a fly out or a ground ball.   However, based on what we can capture, I think you’d have to say that Mansolino has done a pretty good job, despite individual decisions that may have been wrong.  
    • Looks like AL East and AL West have same deal with 7 to play - 5 game leads and the chaser has three at the first place team. Royals now having lost 6 in a row - the 5/6/7 is fuzzy. Tuesday night will only be some fun if the O's pick up a game today - 1 back with a sweep going to the final weekend an opportunity, 2 back with a sweep going to the final weekend a mirage.     The Orioles have played the showdown generally into Grapefruit League mode, but at least yesterday was not a playoff game. NYY in great shape for 1 seed, won regular season series 4-2 over CLE, so effectively 3 up in the loss column.    CLE one of the few clubs with two off days in the final week, and a likely bye to rest that hard worked cadre of relievers.    That said, the Astros do play the Guardians the final weekend, and could be within striking distance of that valuable seeding into the ALDS round.
    • Nope..corn can be a slang for weed.  You are a morally bankrupt human being!!!!!!
    • Anything hit in the outfield no matter how deep you automatically tag up. That is learned in little league. This is not hard. I had a play exactly like this in town ball. You go back to the bag and then watch. As soon as the shortstop went down off you go and the game is over. Why that third base coach was pointing DOWN the line is a cardinal sin. Don't fire the guy but give him a solid scolding. 
    • Typical fail for SG on the literacy test.
    • So then I don't think he gets optioned. I think they save him for the postseason roster. I see Johnson and Jimenez going for Westburg and Urias. Mountcastle may not be back till the playoffs. 
    • For the O's they won game after game like this last year. For the Ravens go back to 2012 I guess. Im in South Florida at least you guys dont have to put up with the Dolphins. Now thats a team that will get on youre nerves.
  • Popular Contributors