Free Agents so far

HowAboutThat

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/players-recently-electing-free-agency.html

I do not recognize most of the names on this list, but those I do are players I never wanna see in an oriole uniform again.

I sure the whole list because somebody who follows more closely than I do might see a nugget or two here.

I think there’s going to be a tremendous amount of roster churn Because we are number one on the waiver list, yay. We get first crack at 29 dumpsters!

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Only name that jumps out is Lavarnway as backup C candidate.

Ryan Lavarnway has already played for us, and he was awful. I remember with two outs in the bottom of the ninth buck brought him in to pinch-hit, and left somebody else who was far  more qualified on the bench.  He made an out, and afterwards, in the post game press conference, Buck defended his choice saying, “Ryan has as much pop as anybody.” And at the time Lavarnway was hitting about 191, so the comment made me laugh.

I think he went from the Orioles to Boston, and might’ve been on the bench for their World Series victory, I don’t recall. But no, and no to any thought of a reunion with Sisco as well

10 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ryan Lavarnway has already played for us, and he was awful. I remember with two outs in the bottom of the ninth buck brought him in to pinch-hit, and left somebody else who was far  more qualified on the bench.  He made an out, and afterwards, in the post game press conference, Buck defended his choice saying, “Ryan has as much pop as anybody.” And at the time Lavarnway was hitting about 191, so the comment made me laugh.

I think he went from the Orioles to Boston, and might’ve been on the bench for their World Series victory, I don’t recall. But no, and no to any thought of a reunion with Sisco as well

Lavarnway was with Boston before Baltimore. But I agree that Lavarnway isn't an answer unless you need a veteran for backup spot in Norfolk. 

The original point of the post was just to say that there’s going to be a whole lot of options available in a couple of weeks, and that will only be the free agents. That doesn’t include the much better crop of players who are going to be non-tendered before December to provide roster space.

We are going to have options a plenty, like the all you can eat buffet for only 499, but the buffet is all leftovers. At least you can’t beat the price.

If there’s ever a good time to be the worst team in baseball, right now is it.

36 minutes ago, Philip said:

00c425ea-a142-48a5-8dd4-fee252a2087b_tex

0e7d0b83-db8f-4017-b02f-8f4bc5016291_tex

• Haha 1