Trade Cabrera NOW!!!

BoysofArbutus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can get something of value for him (preferably a young 1B or OF), I make the trade. If other teams aren't offering anything good, there is no reason to trade him just for the sake of trading him. There is nothing wrong with having a 200 IP/4.75-5.00 ERA guy for the back end of your rotation. That is a pretty solid starter, especially in the AL.

If I can get something of value for him (preferably a young 1B or OF), I make the trade. If other teams aren't offering anything good, there is no reason to trade him just for the sake of trading him. There is nothing wrong with having a 200 IP/4.75-5.00 ERA guy for the back end of your rotation. That is a pretty solid starter, especially in the AL.

I'm sure we could get something good for him.

How bout trade Walker right now! Vet left-hand reliever having a great year. Trade this man now! I want the bullpen money cleared from the books.
Just posted this in another thread about why you might want to hold on to him for a bit longer:
If Ray is out for a large chunk of the remainder of the season, it would be pretty sweet if Walker takes over the closers role and excels. Then his value would be way higher and we could probably move him for a pretty good package in the offseason.

If they find out Ray is gonna be gone, I think its worth holding on to Walker now rather than moving him (not that they would move him anyway, but it would be smart) and hope his value goes up if he can do an awesome job as a closer.

I agree, but its not like this start gives him a bump up in trade value. This doesnt erase the horrid year he's had so far.

I agree with this but it was good to see his velocity up tonight.

Just posted this in another thread about why you might want to hold on to him for a bit longer:

It seems that right now relievers are what the contending teams are looking for. Personally I dont care how many games this team wins for the rest of the year if other moves are made to better it for 2008. Trade Walker he will get you a good prospect and clear some payroll while making room for Hoey, Doyne to get some experience this year!

Oh yea and I think there is a team in texas who might give up something of value for our young Danny!

It seems that right now relievers are what the contending teams are looking for. Personally I dont care how many games this team wins for the rest of the year if other moves are made to better it for 2008. Trade Walker he will get you a good prospect and clear some payroll while making room for Hoey, Doyne to get some experience this year!
I think you missed my point. I'd keep Walker now and hope he excels at the closers role and then trade him. I don't care about the games he saves this season, but I think his value could go up drastically if he is a shutdown closer for the last 2 months of this season.

The guy still walked 5 and only K'd 3. He was lucky none of those walks hurt him. Why do we want to keep this guy when we could get Tex for him and two non roster pitchers?
We don't. We want Tex.

In all honesty I'd rather trade Cabrera straight up for Tex than trade Liz and Hoey for him. I just don't think Cabrera will ever be anything of any particular value. If this start makes it more likely that we can pull one or both of Liz and Hoey from that deal, then its a very good thing.

Archived