Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Geez that last sentence basically identifies Stan Kasten or Ted Lerner as the source as they are the only ones that can make the offer.

Just wow, you would think that Olney would find a better way to write that so it doesn't look like Kasten or Lerner said it... again, silly ESPN.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far no one's rushing to end the stalemate. We know that at this point.

So where are we come January? Eventually the Nats start talking to Dunn, or the Red Sox look at other ways to upgrade their club.

We could be the last team standing. Slight chance at that, but it's possible.

That is what I worry about. If we're here, hoping to be the last team standing, and we don't get Tex...we end up having wasted a lot of time, and we don't really improve the club.

How many people here would go ahead and call Boras today and offer 9/$189 with a strict time limit by which to accept?

I would, because I'm just not as patient as AM.

I'd offer him 9/200 but only because it's not really my money...

wait a minute, here... if they sign him to a HUGE over-market contract, does that mean I have to overpay per game to watch him play?

How many people here would go ahead and call Boras today and offer 9/$189 with a strict time limit by which to accept?

As I see it, those "strict deadline" arrangements never seem to hold fast and don't seem to force the issue w/r the player and his agent.

That is what I worry about. If we're here, hoping to be the last team standing, and we don't get Tex...we end up having wasted a lot of time, and we don't really improve the club.

On the flip side, though, if the Orioles are in the game this late, then that HAS to be a good thing. If MacPhail didn't think there was a chance of getting Teixiera, then he would have bailed out a long time ago to focus on other needs.

I think he should put in for some pallets of eyedrops as well, my eyes are hurting.

Do you think we could get a class action together regarding eye damage in relation to constant refreshing... there is also some emotional distress issue at play here.

Pitchers and catchers don't report until Feb, and Tex is neither, and that is plenty of time for clubs to bid against themselves for which you seem to be arguing. That is why it is taking this long.

Archived