BA updated top 100

Sports Guy

55 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Gotta think Bradfield is right around 100.  I suspect he makes the off-season list.   Amazing drops.  Termarr Johnson at 97 and Druw Jones at 99.   BA doesn’t usually drop guys down that far that quickly.   Frankly, I’m very surprised.

There are several guys on the list now that should graduate soon. So, I agree on Bradfield. He should be somewhere around there. It is interesting to see Tommy Troy at 89. 

With Termarr and Jones, I am a little surprised to see them drop so quickly. It’s early, and they both need time to develop on and off the field. Termarr being too patient doesn’t really concern me. Jones being oft-injured makes me question his daily preparation. He really needs the hitting reps. We’ll see how hungry they are and how they bounce back.

We have been getting spoiled by the rapid ascents of Gunnar, Coby, Basallo and, of course, Jackson Holliday. Seeing other premium talent struggle really highlights how special our current group is. A lot goes into that, and the organization deserves a lot of credit for identifying these young men and having a very good plan for each. But the kids themselves are special talents and mature beyond their years. 

• Upvote 2

BA's write up of Kjerstad is a little odd. He's "held his own" at AAA? A 1.017 OPS is holding your own now? Ok. Yet Cowser's .996 OPS "obliterated the competition". I know Cowser did over twice the AB's of Kjerstad so far, but still....

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Gotta think Bradfield is right around 100.  I suspect he makes the off-season list.  

Fangraphs ranked the draftees before the draft and how they would slot into big board of all prospects. The last player they had in their top-100 was their sixth-ranked draft prospect, Hurston Waldrep who was the college pitcher there for the O's, at 97 overall. The last guy they have slotting into their top prospect list is their 7th ranked draft prospect, Tommy Troy, at 117 overall.

Bradfield was their 17th prospect and a 45 FV, which would be in the 150-250 range for them.

I think he'll have to do some work to get on top-100 lists.