9/3 Rubber game against the Dbacks.

O's84

1 minute ago, RarityFlaherty said:

He was on the postseason roster for the Phillies last year. I’m pretty sure they had him on the roster for every series, he just didn’t pitch very much because they had better options. 

I have not checked but I am pretty certain I heard he was left off the post season roster.

17 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

It sounds absurd, but the D-backs announcers repeatedly cited a rule that supposedly doesn't make any reference to the basepaths but says instead that the runner is out only if he goes more than 3 feet away from the fielder trying to make a tag. 🤔

Edited by LA2
Cited, not quoted. Inserted "supposedly." Seems likely they were not quite right.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You tried to claim our 10-5 loss the other day was because Hyde didn't pull Gibson soon enough.

Even though Voth was bad too so bringing him in earlier wouldn't have helped.

Even though we lost by 5 runs.

And "clearly are imploding" is always a matter of opinion.   Many, many times, a pitcher will give up a couple hits in a row in the 5th, and if left in, will go on to pitch well for another inning or two.   But when he gives up couple hits in a row in the 5th, is left in, and gives up a couple more hits, he was "clearly imploding".   It's nowhere near as clear as you state.

Are you serious? If Hyde pulls Gibson when he should it would have been a 4-4 game. Santander could have hit his HR (not necessarily since the game situation would be different) to take the lead. At that point, it's a completely different game. You are bringing your best relievers with a lead (or tied).

Today Flaherty was being hit hard the whole game. He was lucky and had to use a lot of guile to get through 4 innings with only two solo HRs. Hyde should have been prepared to pull him at the first sign of trouble.

Just now, LA2 said:

It sounds absurd, but the D-backs announcers repeatedly quoted a rule that doesn't make any reference to the basepaths but says instead that the runner is out only if he goes more than 3 feet away from the fielder trying to make a tag. 🤔

Palmer said 3 feet from either side of the bag on the O's broadcast.

Just now, LA2 said:

It sounds absurd, but the D-backs announcers repeatedly quoted a rule that doesn't make any reference to the basepaths but says instead that the runner is out only if he goes more than 3 feet away from the fielder trying to make a tag. 🤔

So your duty as a runner is to try to avoid the tag but not avoid it TOO much?

Absurd, indeed.

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll tell ya..Ryan O'Hearn has been clutch for us...even if we lose this game...

He's hitting around .330 with RISP. Having a fantastic year for someone who  the Hangout said was a pointless acquisition.

• Upvote 1