Is Luzardo a realistic target?

Frobby

9 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

You're right, it's not. In hindsight I probably should have left it at Mayo and Basillo. Either way all of the deals the writer proposed seem very light. 

I think you overrate Luzardo too.

Love the potential and upside and maybe Miami would only do a deal for a top 20 guy but he’s not worth that..not yet.

12 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

IF nothing north of the speculated Cease return (Cowser, Ortiz) is available if I'm the marlins that's a quick no. I Dont see it happening either because he may not be available but if he was hes going to cost. Cowser, ortiz I'd do that.

So would I …. But, remember the Marlins are rumored to want a DH, SS, and COF. So you could send Ortiz, Cowser, a lesser prospect, and some combo of Santander, Hays, Mateo, and Urias.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think you overrate Luzardo too.

Love the potential and upside and maybe Miami would only do a deal for a top 20 guy but he’s not worth that..not yet.

I think I'm probably subconsciously taking into account how much starting pitching seems to be in demand right now. And when you factor in his age and controllability it seems like the Marlins could basically name their price (within reason). All that said I really don't think they're shopping Luzardo. My gut tells me that Cabrera is the pitcher they've soured on and the one who they're going to try and trade. 

8 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I think I'm probably subconsciously taking into account how much starting pitching seems to be in demand right now. And when you factor in his age and controllability it seems like the Marlins could basically name their price (within reason). All that said I really don't think they're shopping Luzardo. My gut tells me that Cabrera is the pitcher they've soured on and the one who they're going to try and trade. 

Well the money contracts don’t really affect the trade value. I agree the price is and should be a lot. But, I think Cowser, and Urias is a lot. There will be some other stuff included. So hopefully a deal gets done somewhere so we can debate the reality. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So would I …. But, remember the Marlins are rumored to want a DH, SS, and COF. So you could send Ortiz, Cowser, a lesser prospect, and some combo of Santander, Hays, Mateo, and Urias.

I remember, but I also live in Miami, and what they have of a fan base and its not much has been watching the rebuild since 2003, so the front office sell is win now. With Sandy A out until next year, if they trade Luzardo it becomes almost a cruising year for them at the Ml level, remember they play in a tough division too. If they want to try win this year and they were a playoff team last year thier not going to trade Luzardo and our veterans become worth something, but we would get something less  It would not be Perez or Garret, but maybe Cabrera,and thats been talked about here before and that could be something both teams consider

20 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

He just has too many durability concerns to go the level you are saying.

They also may want a ML piece or 2 since they are looking to still contend.

55 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I remember, but I also live in Miami, and what they have of a fan base and its not much has been watching the rebuild since 2003, so the front office sell is win now. With Sandy A out until next year, if they trade Luzardo it becomes almost a cruising year for them at the Ml level, remember they play in a tough division too. If they want to try win this year and they were a playoff team last year thier not going to trade Luzardo and our veterans become worth something, but we would get something less  It would not be Perez or Garret, but maybe Cabrera,and thats been talked about here before and that could be something both teams consider

I’d target Max Meyer if I were Elias. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d target Max Meyer if I were Elias. 

I guy that was talked about along with Lacy and Martin at length in the 2020 Kjerstad draft.( also included Westburg and Mayo , boy Did Elias win that one. Like Kjerstad hes right on the doorstep, and he makes sense, because part of the return for the marlins  would be veterans. The more you look at Miami<the CWS are making less sense, but hey they hold all the cards

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s a nearly ready starter. Looks like a difference maker. I have doubts Elias is willing to trade for a difference maker for the rotation and doubts Angelos will pay for one 

He’s a good prospect coming off TJ surgery.  I’m not sure what you consider a difference maker.   You don’t seem willing to give up much in trades.   BA has him as the Marlins #2 prospect.   I’d assume you’re willing to give up Cowser or Ortiz or someone like that.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He’s a good prospect coming off TJ surgery.  I’m not sure what you consider a difference maker.   You don’t seem willing to give up much in trades.   BA has him as the Marlins #2 prospect.   I’d assume you’re willing to give up Cowser or Ortiz or someone like that.

Cowser or Kjerstad  Plus a combo of Vets plus lower prospects. Hes going to cost, really surprised you asked why.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’d send Cowser or Ortiz. But, it doesn’t matter what I’d do. 

Elias moves at a snails pace. The market has dried up on free agency side… lots of other teams that could’ve been trade partners moved on. 

There is a logjam on our roster and prospects and all we’ve been able to accomplish is a place holder addition for Bautista. 

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Cowser or Kjerstad  Plus a combo of Vets plus lower prospects. Hes going to cost, really surprised you asked why.

You’re speaking about Max Meyer? You think he’s worth considerably more than Cowser?