Trivia questions

OriolesMagic83

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I thought it would be cool to have a trivia question thread.

1st question, what player has the highest WAR season since 1940

Obviously no looking up the answer, because we can all google.  lol

Aaron, who has the highest all-time WaR

14 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I thought it would be cool to have a trivia question thread.

1st question, what player has the highest WAR season since 1940

Obviously no looking up the answer, because we can all google.  lol

By the way, you didn’t specify rWAR or fWAR.  After I guessed, I looked up the rWAR answer.  It’s an AL player, not NL.

After I made this question, I thought Frobby is going to ask fWar of rWar.  lol

I used the list on baseball reference.  I just looked and baseball reference uses fwar.

By the way, my question didn't specify position player. 

Whoever gets the question right makes the next trivia question.

1 hour ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Willie Mays?

Its going to end up being some guy who had a one year career year.  

Not Willie Mays.

I hinted in one of my responses, that my question didn't specify a position player.

It's a pitcher.

2 more guesses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm glad you brought it up, I've been looking for an excuse to hate on Norby.  In the long run, it's not possible for a slugger. Sluggers hit the ball hard. You need to be an outstanding contact hitter at ~86 EV to be a good hitter. Altuve, Kwan, and Arraez make it work. .300 Hitters. The rest at ~86 are Austin Hedges or Jorge Mateo types that are just not good at hitting. You could argue it's a small sample size but Norby's EV at Norfolk was 87.8 this year, too. Which is terrible. Lower than noted sluggers Niko Goodrum, Peyton Burdick, and David Banuelos. Mayo, Kjerstad, Holliday, and Stowers were all above 90. EV isn't the end all, be all. But if you don't hit the ball hard and you don't make a lot of contact, you're not a good hitter. Norby's Contact% is really bad, too. Btw, Luis Matos hit .300 in 2003, people forget.
    • And why was I attacked?
    • How about you stay on topic this is not a pitching thread
    • Exactly, it's not like Norby would ever supplant Westburg -- and Urias had the hottest bat on the team at the time.  Even now if Norby were on the team he would likely be DH or 1B because Mounty and Kjerstad are hurt.  Norby was always going to be trade bait -- just got dealt in a weak trade (so far anyway).  I think we're expecting too much of a team with Eloy Jimenez, Emmanuel Rivera and Austin Slater in the lineup.  And we're expecting Holliday and Mayo to be great out the gate, which happens less and less these days.  
    • the guy just need to “pull a hammy" as he walks(barely) back to the dugout on his next K and just hit the IL and collect is $ 
    • O's potentially have seven players returning from injury before the end of the season.  Of the seven, Mountcastle appears to be the biggest question of whether he will return before the season ends.  Here is the most up to date information I can find: Pitchers: Grayson Rodriguez (15 day IL) - Rodriguez (lat) could face hitters at some point this week during the Orioles' road trip, Jake Rill of MLB.com reports. Danny Coulombe (60 day IL) - Coulombe (elbow) will start his rehab assignment with Triple-A Norfolk on Wednesday according to pitching coach Drew French, Jake Rill of MLB.com reports. Jacob Webb (15 day IL) - Jacob Webb resumes his rehab assignment Tuesday night with Triple-A Norfolk, which plays in Durham, reported by Roch Kubatko. Batters: Ryan Mountcastle (10 day IL) - Manager Brandon Hyde relayed Monday that he wasn't sure when Mountcastle (wrist) would return from the 10-day injured list, Jake Rill of MLB.com reports.  Hyde stated “I don’t know, I don’t know,” he said this afternoon. “I want to say it’s optimistic, but I’m not really sure. I think he’s gonna come back by the end of the regular season, I just don’t know when.” Jordan Westburg (10 day IL) - Westburg (hand) was spotted fielding grounders while the Orioles were warming up prior to Monday's game against the Red Sox, Jake Rill of MLB.com reports.  Westburg was not wearing anything on his right hand for protection.  No timeline set for his return, but expected to return before the regular season is over. Heston Kjerstadt (10 day IL) - Kjerstad (concussion) began a rehab assignment with High-A Aberdeen on Saturday and has gone 2-for-5 with a walk and a run over his first two contests with the affiliate.   Ramon Urias (10 day IL) - Urias (ankle) is progressing and said Friday that he's confident he'll play again before the end of the season, Rich Dubroff of BaltimoreBaseball.com reports.  Urias is off crutches.
    • Players need offense defense and running ability.  Jiminez has NONE of those qualities.
  • Popular Contributors